Forums

Help › Forums

Re: CTTH and Hit Flagsticks

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 4 2010 11:44 AM (5 replies)
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 1:23 AM

Not that I need the stats, but why is it that hitting the pin in CTTH does not count?  It certainly requires a certain degree of skill (luck) to hit that sucker from however far out.  I did search to see if this question has been asked before.  Curious about the answer.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 1:40 AM

lkennedy:

Not that I need the stats, but why is it that hitting the pin in CTTH does not count?  It certainly requires a certain degree of skill (luck) to hit that sucker from however far out.  I did search to see if this question has been asked before.  Curious about the answer.

IDK the answer to your question but in my experience hitting the flag stick isn't exactly a good thing. You'll notice this more as your flops, chips and pitchs bounce a couple inches off of it. Some times it's just better to remove that sucker. lol

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 11:40 AM

Hi lk,

That stat was created in the very beginning of the game, even before I started playing here.  Awards counting across different game play types is still somewhat new, so if I had to guess I'd say they were still figuring out how to do that and just haven't gone back to update it yet.

• lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 9:42 AM

Hi Cal,

To niv; are they considering that update?  probably pretty low on the list.  still no approach award.

To smason; that pin has saved me countless times from going hopelessly past the hole.  a matter of preference, i'm thinkin'.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 11:22 AM

Not sure where that is on the priority list or if it's even on there right now.  I did make a note of it in my log though.

• ClericTaven
    59 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 11:44 AM

lkennedy:

..why is it that hitting the pin in CTTH does not count?

AFAIK it does, since I believe I have gotten an award count credit after completing a CTTH challenge. Of course, WGT devs know their internal code best and whether, as mentioned by Niv, they need to go back and verify and/or implement them.

I had a terrible drive from the tee, followed by an awful approach shot right into a Sand Trap and a lucky break to just make my par and the next thing I see is like 3 trophy plagues. :D (during Solo play, not a CTTH)

Now I'm confused, why in previous rounds, that it didn't happen as say a separate reward ie, Sandman.

Here's what I've observed about Awarding Trophies.

I reviewed the Award screen and scroll through the description of each and noticed that you are honored more often as you fist "level-up" through them, because of lower counts, but they are accumlative for subsequent trophy reward. It began to make sense that they are not just randomly given out, but once you reach the next full count.

~ Andrew

RSS