Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Unexpcted Error

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 3 2010 4:53 PM (6 replies)
  • RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 7:32 AM

Just attempted to start two games, and just as they start, the game freezes and I get a window that says "An unexpected error has occurred."  ?

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 7:53 AM

DITTO!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 12:57 PM

Just a guess, so don't throw anything at me.. but I believe there was a bit of maintenance last night...

So, now for the obligatory... "Have you cleared your caches yet?"

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 5:34 PM

This has been happening to me for two days and have no answer for you. I was told it was my system once again and the text book style answers you get here from staff are only a source of more frustration. After doing nothing to my computer it started to work again all on it's own. I believe the new buttons on the game screen are causing the issues only because they were the last addition to the game and it was working fine before that.

So i hope you get it working CSC 

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 12:43 PM

Hi Chapman,

Try clearing your caches as Snaike suggested.  Unexpected errors are usually a result of the game code not executing properly and getting a different result than expected on both sides (server side and client side).  If your cached files are older versions then what he have on our servers then they may not be compatible and that would lead to these kind of errors.

As usual, be sure to reset your favorite game options (graphics, flagstick animations etc) and allow for a slightly longer loading time the first time you tee it up after clearing out.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 12:52 PM

Snaike:

So, now for the obligatory... "Have you cleared your caches yet?"

Snaike,

My ex wife came by last night and cleared all of my cache  also.   :)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 4:53 PM

salamii:
    My ex wife came by last night and cleared all of my cache  also.   :)
    You know what they say, Sal.. if love is grand, divorce is ten-grand.  =)

RSS