Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Any Real Life Holes-In-One?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 18 2010 5:44 PM (24 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jul 16 2010 9:38 AM

TarheelsRule:

I remember seeing a pro do this in a tourney but can't recall if it was Fred or not.  I have never done this but as I mentioned I did witness a friend who did this and go from the great feeling of making an ace to realizing that, no you didn't   lol

#17 TPC Sawgrass, yes it was Freddie, 1999 Players Championship.  Here is the clip..... and a slam dunk to put the "!" on it!!!

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Fri, Jul 16 2010 5:11 PM

I didn't look at the clip but I think that Freddie played his third from the drop area that is to the golfer's left of #17 at the TPC.  I do recall another pro who played from the teeing grounds and making it, can't recall where.

1,644 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 7:20 AM

TarheelsRule:

I didn't look at the clip but I think that Freddie played his third from the drop area that is to the golfer's left of #17 at the TPC.  I do recall another pro who played from the teeing grounds and making it, can't recall where.

Nope, the clip shows him re-teeing from the same spot, not a drop area.

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 10:38 AM

Then it probably was that shot I was thinking about.  I do recall it was Couples so it probably was the TPC.  Frankly if you play there and dump your tee shot into the pond, which I did on my first trip there, I feel that the tee shot (from about 135) is an easier shot than the short shot from the drop area.

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 5:44 PM

Its been about 15 yrs ago now, but my best friend had a golf tournament for his bachelor party.  On the third hole he made a hole in one, three groups later his dad made a hole in one on the same hole.  Father/son hole in one on his bachelor party, it ended up getting published in golf digest.  The funny thing was, at the wedding, people would come up and go ."oh didnt the bride look beautiful"  and we were like "yeah...anyway, you should have seen the shot Rob and his dad made...blah blah blah"  .....it was pretty cool.

RSS