Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can I give it back?

Tue, Jul 6 2010 8:34 AM (4 replies)
  • DightonBlue
    42 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 5:30 PM

I just "earned" my first Yips Award this evening and I was wondering if I could give it back.  I really didn't want it, didn't try to get it, and Certainly don't plan on displaying it prominently in my virtual trophy case (if such a thing is ever developed).

Actually, I think my computer earned the award.  You see, I was doing fairly well until the swing meter, on a 1.1' par putt, developed its own case of the yips (see, it's not my fault).

I'd let you have the award back cheap - in fact, I'd consider paying you to take it.  How 'bout it, huh?

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 1:31 AM

You got deep pockets? lol

$20 I'll have it removed to preserve your virtual reputation.

You're being facetious, right? Please? lol

I've never missed a putt less than two feet. I have meter issues as well.

I hope you're not a surgeon. lol

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 8:12 AM

DightonBlue:
    Actually, I think my computer earned the award.  You see, I was doing fairly well until the swing meter, on a 1.1' par putt, developed its own case of the yips (see, it's not my fault).

Same thing happened to me this morning in the Open Qualifier on hole #1.  Meter lagged on a 1.5' par putt and I swung way late.  But I got a different award and managed to capture a screen shot before it disappeared.

I restarted the round of course, don't want that award thx. 

• billkni
    38 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 10:17 AM

it really sucks when the meter jumps on a ready go game.  cost me a few bucks.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2010 8:34 AM

andyson:

DightonBlue:

Same thing happened to me this morning in the Open Qualifier on hole #1.  Meter lagged on a 1.5' par putt and I swung way late.  But I got a different award and managed to capture a screen shot before it disappeared.

I restarted the round of course, don't want that award thx. 

I got mine on purpose on # 5 at Kiawah Island after taking the dreaded maximum shots allowed on #4. Going from -2 to +4 in one hole so another bogie wouldn't hurt anything. I just don't want to get the bronze award.

RSS