Help › Forums

Re: 13 Clubs in my bag

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 29 2010 12:58 PM (3 replies)
  • RRWyattEarp
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 7:13 AM

Like real golf I would like to carry 13 clubs, any clubs I like

With the iron set being one group, it leaves no flexibility to modify my clubs

would like to remove an iron or two for extra wedges

any thoughts

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 10:54 AM

Why limit yourself to 13 clubs?  The rules of golf and WGT allow for 14.

The topic of removing irons has been discussed here repeatedly and is on the roadmap for future updates.  WGT has kept pushing this one back for a while in lieu of more wonderful awards but hopefully they are listening and will make this adjustment sooner rather than later.

• mrenn29
    380 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 11:30 AM

I couldn't agree more,I never use the 3i and would rather carry an extra wedge since the 3i runs through greens like a lawn mower out of control.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 12:58 PM

Hi guys,

Basically, iron sets are treated as one "club", but with 8 different settings (3I, 4I, 5I etc) whereas your driver is one club with only one setting.  Because the irons are grouped together as one unit it's prevented us from being able to accommodate this suggestion since it would require a complete re-write of how irons are treated as a group.  That's a pretty significant change and would take a while to implement, so I think it'll be a while before you see this feature, if it's even possible.

RSS