Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Must buy clubs because of tier?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 16 2010 3:51 PM (3 replies)
  • mrenn29
    380 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 3:37 PM

Ok,so i reached the master tier today,got the new master driver,kept my g15 irons and starter wedges cause its my preference at this moment.So I went to enter the 18 hole unlimited tourney and it tells me I can't play master tier with the set of equipment that I have.What is that all about?In my opinion you should be able to play with whatever you want.So if I am understanding this correctly,I have to go buy a whole nother set of irons if I want to compete on the master tier?I had no issues competing with them on the pro level.If I reached the master tier with what I have then what's the problem with being able to use the clubs that got me there?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 3:46 PM

Hi mrenn,

You entered that tournament while competing in the Pro Tier, so you'll remain in the Pro Tier (despite your promotion) for the duration of that event and any other events you entered while still Pro.  Master clubs cannot be used in Pro Tier events, so that's why you are seeing that message.

Any future events that you enter after turning Master (or for any regular rounds you play) you will compete in the Master Tier and will be able to use Master Tier clubs.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 3:47 PM

It is because previously you have already posted a score as a "pro" in this tournament. You can only use your pro equipment in this particular tournament.

If you enter a tournament that you haven't previously posted a score you will be able to use your new equipment.

Cheers

• mrenn29
    380 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 3:51 PM

Ahh ok,that makes sense.Thanks for the answers fellas.

RSS