Re: COUNTRY CLUBS????

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 8 2010 11:00 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 9:55 AM

YankeeJim:
    SP-Is this still a course out there? I remember playing it back in the 70s when it was public. Sunset Hills in Thousand Oaks used to be public back then too as well as Montalvo in Ventura. Are they still there?

Valencia CC is very much alive, YJ. It is a Trent Jones layout circa 1967 that was public until 1987 then became private. It has hosted the LA Open, Tiger's first playoff loss, and has been host for several years with the over 50 crowd, I believe known as Toshiba...not this year though. It is my birthground...a perfect golf experience. In what Gary McCord termed the "finest conditioned course in America", he would know. The greens are super fast, super perfect and super true. I give thanks each day because of my luck to be a part of it. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 9:57 AM

SweetiePie:
    It is a Trent Jones layout circa 1967 that was public until 1987 then became private.

Heh-Wanna get real sick? The last time I played that ,18 holes cost $7 and I do remember it being very new with stuff just filling out-a typical public course. Wow.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 10:13 AM

Yes...LOL now a beer is dear...check out the web site...when you played there # 10 was #1, now it is #1...NUTS!

• BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 11:00 PM

- where members are associates,& they recieve a free members badge to start with & the future looks even brighter yet!!I'm more than happy to have you as a member JWHIBB, great addition!..BigArnL...planned future trophy & medal tournaments...as well as team representation play..gOOdgOlfin'2Ya! BigArnL..What goes around doesn't necessarily come around, right JW?

• PAGES
RSS