Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Sandman at Kiawah

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 30 2010 9:46 PM (6 replies)
  • TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 9:24 PM

I just took 25+ strokes from the sand at the Ocean Course and shot 75... why no Awards? I'm really pissed off about this.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 10:12 PM

I think some of the sand on Kiawah is considered dunes but I could be wrong. I always played those on BPB just to be sure. Niv, any info as to the bunkers on Kiawah?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 10:14 PM

Regardless, I hit about 8 of each ("In the Bunker," "In the Sand," and nameless), which would have given me a new award.

• TarheelsRule
    5,497 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 10:14 PM

I played for this award as well and didn't get it, on the nine holes or 18.  I currently have 3 on the 9 hole and 18 hole giving me bronze on each.  At Kiawah it often says hard sand, sand and bunker and it is difficult to determine which is truely a sand shot.  However even taking what is shown as a shot in the sand or bunker, I had 6 out of this at Kiawah on 9 holes and shot 36 but didn't receive the award.  If we are going to have these awards, stupid as they may be, they should at least work when we are willing to play for them and ruin our scoring average.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 10:49 PM

This was all talked about long ago guys. It probably has just been never given a priority since Bethpage works.

http://wgt.com/forums/p/6572/52101.aspx#52101

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 12:08 AM

Hi guys,

We are aware of the issue with the Sandman award on Kiawah.  When the award was initially set up not all sand types were included.  I'm not sure if this was intentional or an error of omission, but either way that is why it happens.  There shouldn't be any issues on Bethpage or St. Andrews.

We know some errors still exist in a few different awards.  Last couple of months have been all about Oakmont, St. Andrews, Country Clubs and a few other features.  We haven't forgotten about the awards, but things have been pretty intense for a while now.  We will come back around to these.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 9:46 PM

WGTniv:

Hi guys,

We are aware of the issue with the Sandman award on Kiawah.  When the award was initially set up not all sand types were included.  I'm not sure if this was intentional or an error of omission, but either way that is why it happens.  There shouldn't be any issues on Bethpage or St. Andrews.

It just sucks that the Award actually says "Number of shots taken from the sand and score 75 or better on 18 holes," when everything on that course is, in one form or another, "sand."

RSS