Help › Forums

Re: Honourable Players

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 22 2010 11:01 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • werksux
    241 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 6:34 AM

Can I name myself an a-hole?  Or will that get edited out?

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 8:50 AM

I am one of the few Atlanta added I guess on basis of my forum posts.....  I have also learned that people don't like my slow computer which is why I posted on my status that I play on a dino that has the memory of a altzeihmer's patient....  simple truth.  Man I wish I wasn't poor and could afford a better faster stronger system and could play with you all.... but I'm not panhandling to anyone... not looking for freebies....  so patience and one of these days I'll get the right system and I'll be able to win/lose matchplay games.............  Thanks for accepting my invite....

• starriser51
    153 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 9:42 AM

there are many out there that have the same problem and should not be looked upon any different than any other player, the reason for players to get up set is because u off there game and that means, score or looks, or any number of reasons, I  also Had slow system, and played, until  could up grade, so yes play away, an if u find ourself in need of a player invite, i will play i do this for fun, and meet people, not score or money, the the PGA is the place for those others, not the WGT.  starriser

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 10:53 AM

On the topic of being honorable, I always try to carry myself with the great sportsmanship when competing against others.  I encourage my competitor when things aren't going their way because I want to beat their best game. 

One thing I have always done in MPC when a player gets the obvious horrible meter freeze or spike resulting in a lost ball is to duff my next couple of shots to put us all square on the hole again.  I have done this at least 25 times in challenges but sad to report that I have never once had a competitor do the same for me.  Oddly enough, I believe I won about 95% of the holes which I have done this. 

Just remember people that the golf gods are always watching and sportsmanship is smiled upon favorably.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 11:01 AM

The Golf Gods have lately seen to make sure that my ball rolls into that horrid patch of 50-60% FESCUE that is about 5 yards off the front of the green on St. Andrews #13 (or 14 - can't remember which).  This happens about 75% of the time.

• PAGES
RSS