Help › Forums

Re: Choppy meter only on the putting green

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 12 2010 1:04 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Gram1955
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 4:06 PM

Well Sir,your talkin bollox,I spent money on up-grading clubs,balls and they go to V whatever,and it just goes *** up,jerky,total miss' and mainly pissed off,This cronic meter lag is a Major problem that they have to sort out.BUT they never seem to do it.Don't get me wrong,if the game for me worked 100%,I'd be it's biggest fan.Maybe because its developed and run in the US,you don't get this,but for us poor europeans its a problem.

Just for the record :

6Mb connection,1.5 Gb Ram,128Mb Gforce graphics card.OK its not brill,but it should work ok?...I only connect to WGT nothing else running!  Thank You

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 4:05 PM

When was the last time you cleared BOTH your browser cache and the Flash cache?

Could you try a simple freeware program like GameBooster?

Most of the time, not all mind you, but most of the time taking the simple steps in the Optimizing Your System FAQ will handle the meter issues.

It's not perfect, but hundreds of rounds are played every day with no real issues to speak of... both in the US and abroad.

There are things you can do, Gram, to help your machine play this game better.

Good luck.

• flicklives
    33 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 12:48 PM

If its mainly a PC issue then why is there such a big difference between single / multi player modes, and why do 3 player rounds work better than 4 player rounds?

I tried using Game Booster, and it helped somewhat, but now I just use Windows ( task manager, & msconfig ) to do the same thing without the overhead of Game Booster.

Saw in a post some discussion re WGT vs PSJ servers, and have found that to be true, WGT servers work better.

Tried giving my browser higher cpu priority and it locked me up.

Looks to me that because of all the variables everyone's situation is a little different,       but that  there are some server / connection issues.

• johnloaves
    126 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 3:11 PM

using google chrome and running display @ half mostly stopped it for me

• turdwhisperer
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 4:16 AM

somebody please help... i cleared my flash player cache to help with meter skips// well,, now ive lost my putting grid and [[oR]] the option box for the grid under "menu".. i draw back on shot and grid disappears and i cant locate the option to change it back.... ty

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 12:00 PM

turdwhisperer:
    now ive lost my putting grid and [[oR]] the option box for the grid under "menu"

Just scroll down a little bit.  There's a scroll bar on the right side of the display tab in the options.  The Putting Grid will be the first option you see when you scroll down.

• AlbinoRhino
    15 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 9:02 PM

4 under on 12 of Oakmont in the USGA qualifier. Lying 2 90 yards out on Par 5. Birdie hole. Meter just disolves and I hit almost into the trees for what would most likely be a 3 shot swing. You have to fix this stuff if you are going to have these events. So frustrating.

And again 2 under on 10 on my next round, into the drainage ditch. Unreal.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 11:28 PM

FLY GOERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• johnloaves
    126 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 1:04 AM

scroll bar @ right hand side of options..i missed it too

• PAGES
RSS