Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Lag Costs Me 500 Credits

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 17 2010 10:03 AM (8 replies)
  • TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 8:42 PM

I was playing in a Match Play Challenge and I was 2 up Dormie going into 8 and 9 at the Ocean Course. 

He lags and I am left waiting on number 8 for 20 minutes. I eventually close the window to find out that I've lost the match due to my own mistake... (?) I'd like an explanation and my credits back.

• mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 9:43 PM

HAS HAPPENED TO ME TOO! EXEPT I GOT  BOOTED ALL OF A SUDDEN  1 TIME THEN 2 THEN AFTER THE 3RD I GOT DISQUALIFIED FOR "QUITTIN" 3 TIMES!! :( I DIDNT NEVER GOT MY CREDITS BACK ITS WAS 300 CREDITS THOUGH!

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 9:52 PM

There are apparent issues with the WGT servers that are creating High Latency. Something that I trust they will fix soon.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 10:24 PM

Hi TLD,

If you're in a Match Play game and you're waiting for the result of your opponent's shot for more than 90 seconds (ie the clock expires and nothing is happening) you should immediately X out of the window, open a new one, resume the match, and meet your opponent back in the lobby. That long of a pause almost always indicates a loss of connectivity and that can happen for few different reasons.

As for the requested credit return that's not something I can authorize myself, but If you would please send a message to our Customer Service email at members@worldgolftour.com and explain the situation they may be able to help you out.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 11:08 PM

Thanks niv I usually do exit and retry but he had been lagging the whole times and I figured I'd wait it out while I browsed the forums and I forgot about the game... only to return with him still not connected.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 11:21 PM

TheLighterDark:
    He lags and I am left waiting on number 8 for 20 minutes.

The ONLY reason i'm speaking on this topic After niv is that i have personally been in 817 matches to date. If  he had lagged / disconnected you would have been brought directly to the lobby.  It appears that you lagged and  they went to the lobby.  Just as niv said, don't hesitate to X-out , only a 5 min. window to play with here.  If your running high speed  DSL ,  just glance over at your modem if something doesn't seem right...dsl light will/should go red in a case like this.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 4:39 AM

TheAceFactor:

If  he had lagged / disconnected you would have been brought directly to the lobby.  It appears that you lagged and  they went to the lobby.

Not always the case. If the player in question X's out it can freeze the game and not show the disconnect. If you do not realize you will time out while your opponent sits in the lobby laughing.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 8:03 AM

If you don't mind me asking...approx.  how many times has that happened to you in your 40 matches  ?   It's never happened to me in 817...not saying your wrong, just saying you've obviously caught some bad luck. And as i said before , we have a 5 min. window.  Who's gonna' sit there long enough to not realize that there is a problem....c-mon.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 10:03 AM

I feel your pain bud

It costed me a few more than $5 though. lol

Including a master tier open a few months back :(

RSS