Help › Forums

Re: Cart path on St.A's 18 "Immovable Object"

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 22 2010 11:51 AM (9 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 10:58 PM

Hey guys.... (bug report submitted)

Played the back of St. Andy's once and hit the cart path on 18 on the fly... was pretty cool, the ball took off like a rocket and ended up near the green.

The next time through I rolled one up there with a punch just to see what would happen...  I got the "Immovable Object" and "Free Drop" notices, and then it took my ball out of play...

WTF?  I can bounce one off the path and it's fine but I can't roll one up there and get to keep it?  WTF is that?!

Anyway.. hope you can take a look at it.

Thanks.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 11:09 PM

Confirmed (unfortunately).  The good thing is that it's somewhat difficult to get the ball to stop on the road, so this shouldn't affect too many players, but that's definitely not the intended behavior.

Thanks for the report.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 12:03 AM

I hear that's what happens at the real St. Andrews... [sarcasm]

Sadly this happened to me in yesterday's St. Andrews 18-hole Ready-Go.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 6:21 AM

WGTniv:
    Thanks for the report
    Great... feel free to ship out a sleeve of balls for my time and the 2 I lost on that one round.... lol... 

GI2-S (light blue)

• Fireballwho
    157 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 7:49 AM

I hit my ball onto the road. I received a free drop but my ball was removed from play. Can anyone tell me why. Thanks

• jwdavis53
    7 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 9:53 AM

I'll set the scene. Hit a drive at andrews, #18. Lands on the cart path in the middle of the fairway. "Immovable Object: Free Drop" comes onto the screen. And low and behold, one of my balls is taken out of play.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 11:51 AM

Hi jw & fireball'

I merged your posts into this thread since it deals with the same issue.  Thanks for the reports.

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 11:55 AM

Harder to hit, but same result:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/9177.aspx

Whatever triggers a free drop also eats golf balls :)

• alanv
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 9:09 PM

It may be difficult, but, it's happened to about 3 times in the past month.

• shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 11:51 AM

Is WGT replacing the balls that are being lost on this glitch?  It just happened to me this afternoon at the same place.  I'd like that ball replaced if at all possible.  It had just been put in play.

RSS