Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Optional green grid

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 3 2010 12:17 PM (9 replies)
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:00 PM

Let me start over. I was thinking an option to turn off the green grid completely would be nice. And if we could possibly get it implemented into some tournaments it might be fun. Used to be able to turn it completely off, I found it extremely hard, irritating and realistic. However I think low scores could still be acheived through the player's memory and concentration, and ability to really read a green.

I guess the grid, very fast greens, and high winds week after week, month after month is just getting a little old, and a lot boring. Look forward to the majors thingy. But what after that? Same old greens, same old speeds, same old winds? I can tell you, wgt, if the redundancy keeps up, I'll be here a lot less. =(

• mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:57 PM

mrboo:
    I can tell you, wgt, if the redundancy keeps up, I'll be here a lot less. =(
    BYE BYE MR BOO!!

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:58 PM

Your right the repetitive conditions time and time again sure gets old. 

I also kind of like the idea of NO grid for a once in a blue moon tourney....variety once again and how about the added challenge!

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 9:34 AM

Another option would be keep the grid get rid of the unreliable dots. They are deceptive at best,

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 12:54 PM

Interesting suggestion, I'll pass it along.  Thanks mrboo. =)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 1:32 PM

Do what you want with options to modify it just don't take it away. I use it with a good deal of success.

I would like to be able to see the grid when watching the opp's putt.

• crazyhorse75
    40 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 6:54 PM

with all due respect, i think if you take out the option of the ' SkyCaddie ' rather than the green grid, it would possibly make the game more of a challenge. however, the likelihood of this ( in my opinion ) will never happen. I'm sure ' SkyCaddie ' pay a pretty penny for getting there name on here. perhaps i should get ' GroundBuddie ' up and running for green reading, lol.  maybe a market in that for all the 3 putters like me.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 7:12 PM

crazyhorse75:
    perhaps i should get ' GroundBuddie ' up and running for green reading, lol.  maybe a market in that for all the 3 putters like me.

ha, not a bad idea dude, you better hurry up and patent that. Phil coulda used that a couple years back. (tiger needed two yesterday, Oh how happy I was to watch those 3 putts though.)

And by all means, keep the grid running, of course. Putting is already the most challenging part of this game, I think most would agree. It should be kept in the game, as an option. I was just thinking back to when it was possible to turn it off, and imo it was very fun, making a birdie (or even a par) was that much more rewarding and it made the game more realistic. That's one of my favorite features about TW games, being able to putt without  a whole bunch of multi-colored lines and dots running across my screen. =)

1,644 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 6:00 AM

I like it Mr. Boo!  Back when you could turn it off completely I actually played many rounds with it off to exercise my memory skills (back in the Kiawah only days).  Did pretty well too...  It really helped improve my putting in the end.  But to have a single tournament where no one can use the aid of the grid would be very interesting.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 12:17 PM

Back when you could turn it off completely I actually played many rounds with it off to exercise my memory skills (back in the Kiawah only days).  Did pretty well too...

Yup, same here, except for the doing pretty well part. I know I had more success with bigger breaking putts, then the little sneakers. Heck i would like to see this added to the game more than birds! Now, that's saying something! =)

RSS