Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New player here: Suggestion to keep new players in the game

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 27 2010 5:05 PM (4 replies)
  • AmAysD
    9 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:35 PM

It has come to my attention that while the game is free, to play at the top level is NOT.  If a new community member asks for another member to gift him/her a club it is heavily frowned upon and that is fine. No problems there. 

BUT! The suggestion I have to both help with new players, and prevent players for asking for hand-outs.  A USED MARKETPLACE!

I understand if members could set their own prices too low then the WGT would lose money.. again I understand.  But how about limiting them to a lower limit of only 50% of the original price.  So say, they have a 900cr driver.. they can only recoup 450cr in the used marketplace.

I dunno figured maybe new players and master's would possibly be good with a system like this in place.  It should in theory even promote the most frequent purchasers to sell old stuff and spend more to buy new.  But again just my .02

Thanks for your time guys!

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 3:00 PM

WGY does already allow older clubs to be sold back, at a significantly reduced price,  so at least we players can recoup SOME of the cost of upgrading clubs as we advance in tiers/experience. This is probably the fairest way of handling it, so that only advancements in equipment and larger purchases will be rewarded. If they allowed reduced price purchases from other players, they would see a huge drop off in sales of 'new' clubs. And then, of course, people would want to be diving in ponds after hours to recover lost balls...

• johnloaves
    126 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 3:12 PM

Interesting thought...when i first joined i might have agreed..

You are playing the best online golf game ever..even for free if you wish

It takes money to develop such a game..from reading forums,  a considerable amount too

What you propose would cut income by around 50%..hardly fair i think

Its not like it cost a fortune to buy better gear..the cost of a slab of beer will get you some great gear

Welcome to WGT enjoy

John

• AmAysD
    9 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 3:41 PM

How does it cut 50% of their income?? If players sold old clubs to new players, then they would only recoup some of the initial cost and (one would think) they would spend more on a new "better" club.

They lose more money when I and I'm sure many others just decide to say "screw it, I'll spend my money elsewhere then if they won't make it more reasonable"

If not, a used market for players, then make buying clubs a buyers market.. and not overcharge for a "virtual" club  (again.. my .02, I'm entitled to it)

Oh well... just a suggestion.

• johnloaves
    126 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 5:05 PM

AmAysD

i totally respect  your opinion--im a nobody here anyway lol

the ones who want the best for themselves already have them

if they sold old gear cheap--its the new players who wont be buying new

..and thats how WGT loses

btw anyone remember FXgolf..i used to love it before it went legs up

RSS