Forums

Help › Forums

Re: G10 Master v. i15?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 26 2010 8:22 PM (3 replies)
  • HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 1:00 PM

Hey boys (and girls), I've got the Ping G10 Masters. Just browsed AvLee's bag (not a metaphor) and saw he upgraded to the i15s. For those of you who upgraded from the G10s to the i15s: Is there a big difference in gameplay? How much better are the i15s?

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 1:26 PM
    I tryed the i15s out. They are the best Irons in the game by far in my opinion IF you can handle the meter speed. If you can't handle it I would stay at the G10s. There is a definite difference between the G10 Meter Speed and the i15 Meter Speed. But the Precision Forgiviness and Spin is even better than on the G10. regards
  • sylverhare75
    44 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 7:10 PM

well.. my advice is .. stay out of the rough.. and when you find yourself in the rough.. do not .. i say again.. do NOT mishit....

not very forgiving from rough with mishits... just my experience with them...

16 yd travel... 160 yd iron.. 30-40 rough... full power .. NO mishit...

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 8:22 PM

imcoola:
    I tryed the i15s out. They are the best Irons in the game by far in my opinion IF you can handle the meter speed. If you can't handle it I would stay at the G10s. There is a definite difference between the G10 Meter Speed and the i15 Meter Speed. But the Precision Forgiviness and Spin is even better than on the G10. regards

That is about what I saw out of them also. The spin not so much, but you could be right. What I would tell anyone is play the G10s without the help of a GI ball. If you feel like you handle that speed, then the I15s may be playable for you.

I was just way too clumsy with the meter, and this is coming from someone who played with the g10s a very long time without the help of a GI ball. Tried to give it a good long time with the i15s, but finally just got fed up with the fast meter.

RSS