Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Acquiring credits

Sat, Apr 17 2010 3:10 PM (4 replies)
  • bluebelly83
    46 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 5:03 PM

I have a suggestion.  I think it would be cool to make ways for people to "earn" credits, other than the silly offers.  

It would be cool to "earn" credits through in-game accomplishments.  In particular, it would be cool to reward players for participating.  How about something like if a player plays at least 18 holes per day, for a week, they get like 50 credits?   Or perhaps give people 100 free credits for every 20 or 50 rounds played?   These types of incentives would keep people coming back for more.

The main reason I perceive this need is because I know that I'm not alone in having no desire to put money into this game.  I just think it's silly.  However, I come here and read the advertisements all the time... I can think of Kiawah Resorts, Ping Clubs, and Chevy Tahoe... just to name a few.  Now, I realize those advertisers are paying money to be on the site.  What if you could put these piddly little incentives in the game for the players and double or triple your daily traffic?  I think it would be worth it.  You don't even need to code that much new.  The game already tracks rounds played.

I know things work by process at WGT, so this probably would  never get implemented... but the beauty of the forums is that I can speak my piece.  Now, I'll go back to being the most mediocre "pro" player in the world.

-blue

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 12:12 PM

Hi bluebelly,

Thanks for the suggestions. There will be more ways for players to earn credits in the future that are not so completely tournament-centric. =)

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 1:50 PM
    That idea is so awesome. I can already think of hundreds of ways to implement it.
  • Daveey
    35 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 2:07 PM

I agree, I have gotten 50 credits so far. What other ways can you get credits? Anyone

know? Or maybe post a link to where in the forum I can find tips on getting credits?

Thx

DIAMOND DAVE

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 3:10 PM

Hi Daveey,

There are a few different ways to obtain credits at the moment.  This blog post covers all of them.

RSS