Forums

Help › Forums

Re: IRON SET AND TOURNEY QUALS.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 16 2010 7:46 AM (4 replies)
  • JMPP
    28 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 10:16 AM
    I made Master a week ago, no clue how, my game sure hasnt changed. But my question is. Why after i obtained the Ping G10 Master set (Steel), it wont let me play the Apr 18 hole unlimited tourney with these clubs? i get the message Your equipt. clubs do not match your tier level for this tourney.It's a Master set and i am a Master. If i switch to my Ping G15 pro set (Steel) i can play it. Also i can play the wk 16 9 hole unlimited with either set. By the way whats the criteria fo making master, I suddenly found my self one but i can guarantee you, my game hadn't improved.
    1,644 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 11:18 AM

It is done on purpose this way so that you don't have an unfair advantage.  You entered that tournament as a pro and therefore are playing it from the pro tees for the duration of the tournament.  To allow you to use Master+ equipment would be unfair to all the other still pros in that tournament.

*edit* as for your other question... the threshold hovers around 64-66 avg. with probably a few other factors involved.  (Not published to deter sandbagging)

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 11:19 AM

JMPP:
    I made Master a week ago, no clue how, my game sure hasnt changed. But my question is. Why after i obtained the Ping G10 Master set (Steel), it wont let me play the Apr 18 hole unlimited tourney with these clubs? i get the message Your equipt. clubs do not match your tier level for this tourney.It's a Master set and i am a Master. If i switch to my Ping G15 pro set (Steel) i can play it. Also i can play the wk 16 9 hole unlimited with either set. By the way whats the criteria fo making master, I suddenly found my self one but i can guarantee you, my game hadn't improved.

You can't play the April 18 hole unlimited with Master tier clubs since you originally signed up to that tournament as a Pro.   Since your scores are going up against other Pro tier players, the game won't allow you to use Master tier specific equipment since it wouldn't be fair to the other Pro tier players playing with Pro tier equipment.

The other tournaments you joined after making Master, so that's why you can use your Master tier clubs in them.

The criteria for making the Master tier isn't released by WGT, but it's suspected to be an average around 65, IIRC.

Cheers.

edit: ninja'd !!@#!!

• JMPP
    28 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 6:02 AM
    THAN YOU ALL. So i assume any new tourneys i enter next week, it will be as a master and i will be able then to use either set of irons.
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 7:46 AM

Yep,thats whats up.

RSS