Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How come the US Virtual Open 2010 is in Oakmont instead of Pebble Beach?

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 23 2010 2:59 PM (25 replies)
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 11:07 PM

Yes i hope this happens and while ive got time im going to break into the local bank and steal there massive computer so it can run the new version of the game.

May i suggest Skyp[e then you can chat and not worry about the lack of birds and waves and the guys on the tee behind you yelling for you to hurry up or four as a virtual ball is about to smack you in the back of your head.

You guys dont want much do you.

You want bird noises off  to cartoon land with you TWO

CSC

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 6:38 AM

I'm just thinking ..... Hmmmmm, in honor of the U.S. Womens Open @ Oakmont all virtual participants should be required to wear a female avatar. So practice in the skirts boys, certain body parts get in the way of the backswing. :-) ROFL

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 8:27 PM

Faterson:

chipshotcharlie:
    You want bird noises off  to cartoon land with you TWO

May I suggest punctuatio[n, especially the miraculous device of a comma. History knows of instances where even completely illiterate, silly trolls have learned to use that tool so that their sentences actually say something instead of being one big indecipherable blob of blabber.

HE"S BAAAAAAAACK!  LOL

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 9:47 PM

Guys and Gals,

I host a ventrilo server..it runs at less than 1.8kb.

Now that is not intrusive at all..

It costs nothing to you...get the free program at

www.ventrilo.com

Them leave me a message here on my board so I can give you the port#.

Were a family friendly site..lots of our members play on Marks excellent ladder service, WTGLS as well.

You can talk in our lounge with many people all at once. I also have made rooms for ladders, guilds, Matchplay challenges, and WGT events.

We are 40 members strong and growing everyday.

Join the fun, all you need is a good mic, even better, a Logitech $19.00 head-phone.

And just some rudimentary computer knowledge to get set up.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 9:16 AM

Danohi ... we have some using Skype as well with no appreciable difference in gameplay...  although we're using just the audio.  I am quite sure the video feed would kill WGT's meter on my machine..lol

Skype is great for the 1-on-1 ... Ventrilo can handle a group better.

jakestanfill7:
    HE"S BAAAAAAAACK!  LOL

Jake, no.  He's on a WGT-sponsored vacation.  When he returns, he promises to not burden us with his communications.  His blog says it all.

Peace.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 2:59 PM

Back on topic: ..... Play some shots @ Pebble now.

http://www.usopen.com/en_US/course/index.html

Click experience history, play this hole.

RSS