Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why cheat WGT ( part 2 )

Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:56 PM (55 replies)
  • WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:29 PM

ghettocop1:
    He stated one of the quickest and easiest methods to use for this game in particular would be to "log the code" of your own game.......  meaning a good player who birdies a particular hole can copy the code that enabled the birdie.  Thus utilizing the code over again on the same hole whenever needed.

Since my reply explaining how that would work was deleted promptly within 17 minutes from posting it then it means that this is possible to do that :)

Thanks Ghettocop, I've sent to WGT an e-mail asking them about the possible shot-reply bug, using technical terms their developers know of. I hope they fix it ASAP.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:46 PM

Woj, your post was deleted because it was in direct violation of our Terms & Conditions, quoted below:

"WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) asks that you respect our on-line community and other individuals. When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to: Exploit any bug in the Site to gain unfair advantage in the game and communicate the existence of any such bug."

If you wish to communicate potential exploits that you find, the forum is NOT the place to do it.  Please send these types of inquiries via email and refrain from sharing them publicly.

• crazyhorse75
    40 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:49 PM

WojciechMigda, i managed to read your original post on this topic before it was removed. i had been hinting to this method and so have others. i would be very interested to know the response that WGT offer you in there email or perhaps they could announce it here for all to read.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:50 PM

I think they just did.

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:52 PM

Ok, I did not think my non-technical description was detailed enough to be treated as an exploit. So does it prove that it is that simple to cheat this game ? Are you confirming it ? Are you fixing it ? If so, then I guess you should cancel the ongoing skills challenges (esp. those at Oakmont and for virtual StAndrews Opens) until the fix is place.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:56 PM

Any attempt to communicate a potential exploit, whether technical or not in its explanation, is frowned upon.  Deletion of your post only confirms the violation of Terms & Conditions and nothing else.

In any case, this is not a matter for public discussion.

RSS