Help › Forums

Re: new bug

Thu, Jun 3 2010 6:24 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 1:53 PM

Hi WGTniv,

My caddy offered me a 190 yard club for a 111 yard shot from the ruff at hole 2 on St. Andrews this morning and it happened again on the back nine at Kiawah, from the ruff. (different yardage)

I didn't submit a bug report because I thought it was just a one time thing and didn't know it was a bug.

I was (sharing) e-mailing WGT some shots that I thought the developers would like to see, and WGT e-mailed me back and asked that I not e-mail them any more. I don't want to be a nuisance.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 2:11 PM

Richard,

Over-reporting is actually better than no report, so any time you notice anything unusual happening (even if it's just a one-time thing) be sure to bug report it right away.  If you report something that's not a bug, oh well, no worse for wear.  However, if you don't report something that IS a bug, then it takes longer for us to find and resolve it.

Screenshots aren't terribly helpful to us unfortunately.  They only show the actual problem and not the cause of the problem.  The bug reports are much more useful because they have all of the relevant shot data and that helps us get to the root cause of the problem.  There are times where a screenshot will complement a bug report and if you can grab one then you're welcome to send it in with a reference to the exact time you submitted the report.  In that instance, it would be helpful to see the screenshot too.

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 2:25 PM

I have noticed since the last update that the "caddie" function that clubs you

has changed when the ball is off the fairway by at least one club...Has anyone else

noticed this?  

• ccrume
    138 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 2:27 PM

Rusty - take a look at this thread

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 2:28 PM

Merged.

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 3:11 PM

Thank you..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 4:12 PM

On a match play game just finished every shot from the rough had the aimer way off target, nowhere near the right distance. The club selection was matched to the actual hole distance. Shots from the fairway were always correctly aimed.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:48 PM

YankeeJim:

On a match play game just finished every shot from the rough had the aimer way off target, nowhere near the right distance. The club selection was matched to the actual hole distance. Shots from the fairway were always correctly aimed.

Ditto.

• theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 6:24 AM

I have been informed that there is no bug on oakmont course....so I guess I was wrong ..sorry bout that..may have just been my computer

• PAGES
RSS