Help › Forums

Re: I try not to get angry too.....

Sun, Apr 11 2010 5:10 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • smason77
    464 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 2:26 PM

lilrob88:

My answer to relinquishing anger is a fifth of crown royal.

Not me. That would just make me even more angry. lol

I'd have to go do some yoga or pilates or somethin'...

• MichaelWeir
    31 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 2:40 AM

I was -3 on the St. Andrew's Ready go after 5 holes today. My first ready go tournament ever. The meter then decided to get jumpy, I bogeyed, doubled bogeyed, and triple bogeyed all in sucession. And the funny part of the story is I'm in 28th place and in position to get half my credits back lol

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 3:41 PM

Your final point regarding you winning 50 credits is a very good one. I play 4 or 5 RGs every day, yes, I am a sad man. Anyway it always amazes me how many players withdraw from the tournament. There may well be 50 players to start with but usually 10-12 drop out and 2-3 don't play for whatever reason. This means you really only need to finish in the top 30 out of 35 to get at least half your stake back. Protecting your average is a foolish practice when it ultimately is costing you money.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 7:53 PM

tiffer67:
    Protecting your average is a foolish practice when it ultimately is costing you money.

I don't think it's protecting the average, tiff. Sometimes it's just plain aggravation. When you're +3 after 4 holes because the game's gone haywire on you it's an exercise in futility to continue. Better to save the mouse and play another day.  :-D

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 5:10 AM

I think though a lot of times the people forget they only have 12 hours to play their round after the rg fills up. The few rg's I have played in I play as soon as I sign up. Some people wait and then it's oops the tourney is over and I forgot to play.

• PAGES
RSS