Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Mad Dogs on 8th Floor

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 29 2010 3:00 PM (7 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 11:48 PM

Need to take a short break away from the game, I guess. Here is what I dreamt last night: I wanted to play some golf, and for some reason, I had to enter a building and go to one of the upper floors in order to do that. After entering the elevator, I mistakenly punched the button for the highest 8th floor. The elevator was weird, to say the least. With every yard it passed on its way up, the elevator cabin shrank a bit, and also tilted sideways a bit, so that it was all you could do to remain standing. By the time the 8th floor was reached, the cabin got so small there was hardly enough space for my overgrown body left in it.

The door opened on the 8th floor and I literally fell out of the elevator there. A pack of mad dogs immediately attacked me, yapping loudly and furiously, baring their long white teeth at me. I swung a golf club or two in their faces, fighting my way back to the tiny, tilted elevator cabin. I got inside, pushed a button and, with relief, saw the door closing behind me.

PS: I lost 7 straight Ladder games just before bedtime last night,* and I told my opponents, "Guys, this is gonna give me nightmares." They LOLled in response, thinking I was kidding. And here you have it!  

* One of the players I lost to was Baiken whose avatar picture features an innocent-looking doggie, but I assure you its behaviour on the 8th floor, and that of its brethren, was very different from what the photograph would suggest.  

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 3:04 AM

Faterson .... that was too funny.

On more than 1 occasion, this game has given me nightmares. Unfortunately, my eyes are always open when they happen.

That said, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one to have bizarre dreams.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 7:43 AM

Undertones of Edgar Allan Poe here (The Pit and the Pendulum).  With definite nuances of WGT... drives going sideways and bad luck on the 8th hole.  That said, did the elevator also stutter and jump?  In those cases always remember to take a practice elevator ride first.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 7:54 AM

Doublemochaman:
    did the elevator also stutter and jump?

It didn't, but one elevator passenger's experience may not be the universal experience.  

Thanks for mentioning Poe, I'm a fan of his, and glorious stories like The Tell-Tale Heart (full text here). (In fact, I recently got invited to a TV talk-show where I extolled his virtues over those of the more popular Conan Doyle.)

• Tim30
    66 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 11:30 AM
    ROFLMAO!!!! how do I get the feeling you was swinging the golf clubs at me and ************ and you just claiming it to be dogs lol. Take your break and when you come back I know you will have that fire under you to beat my ***, but don't feel bad Faterson I been there and had to walk away from it myself for awhile.
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 1:24 PM

hmmm.. I wonder what Freud would have to say to this...

I wonder if he ever played golf?

• TarheelsRule
    5,478 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 1:35 PM
    Just goes to show that you should always take the stairs.
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 3:00 PM

Lmao ... i think this is one of the more lighthearted and whimsical posts i've encountered yet ... of course both sherlock and sigmund would over analyze it to death but us common folk just get a little enjoyment out of it .... G.K. Chesterton taught me how to have a good time ... lol ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RSS