Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Handicap or another tier perhaps.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 23 2010 4:02 PM (3 replies)
  • Iamcdn
    25 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 9:32 AM
    First of all I am not complaining. I know to get better and enjoy the game one needs to practice and improve with better equipment. I love this game and enjoy when I can. I like the fact that i can even win credits in some of the Ready-Go tournaments but this is it. I practice when I can but I would like to have a chance to win some creits too. I am sure I am not alone on this. I certainly respect the players who seemed to be above the "Master" status. These players can buy clubs and balls through the credits they win at no expense. I have seen 17 under on some of these courses and 9 under on the par nines or more. All I would like to see is maybe an additional tier for those elite players. How does one win credits being a Master or even a Pro or an amateur if the competition is so extreme. Or maybe bring in a handicap system. How many pros win your Ready - Go tourneys? Just a thought.
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 10:14 AM

I do agree that a tier based RG would be more fair.   As it stands now, top level Master players will dominate the RG competitions as most Pro and lower tier players cannot consistently shoot  -4 in order to make participation in the RG's profitable for them.

There are free tournaments which are tier based that you can participate in.   Granted, the credit payouts for the free tier based tournys are laughable, but that's how it is.

• Iamcdn
    25 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:10 PM
    Yes there is but the top rank play there as well because its an easy pickup on credits.
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 4:02 PM

marioh:

There are free tournaments which are tier based that you can participate in.   Granted, the credit payouts for the free tier based tournys are laughable, but that's how it is.

AND the Sandbaggers make sure to pick all the free tourneys dry. 

Looking forward to the "Legend" tier to keep things a little more even steven around here.

RSS