Forums

Help › Forums

O Canada Country Club

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 13 2012 8:26 PM (0 replies)
  • panzer32
    493 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 8:26 PM

Hello, I do not believe we have an official thread posted in here, but it is high time we did, because we have an awesome club tournament we're looking forward to that starts up this Monday!

First off, to introduce the club, we are a Canadian club but we allow people from other areas of the globe to join us.  We have a website with forum at ocandacc.ca .  We do have lots of fun together, it is definitely because of them I've stayed with WGT as long as I have.  We are welcoming to respectful players of all tiers, helpful to those in lower and competitive for those in upper tiers.  

Anyways, here are the details on the tournament.  To register for the club (and the tournament) please register for the forum on ocanadacc.ca and I'll send you an invite here.  

Canadian Golf Tour - Season 4 - The Elimination Games

It will consist of 7 weeks of stroke play events, each contested on one course WGT has to offer (the last week will be contested at the Olympic club, as long as they have released it in time!)

At each round you will gain points, but this time you do not want points. If you collect too many points you will be eliminated. The number of points you get at each round is equal to your finishing position (i.e. 5th place, you get 5 points. If you tie for a position you get that amount of points, no matter how many are in the tie). 

During the first 3 rounds, there will be no eliminations. You will simply gather points. 

Round 1 - Congressional

Round 2 - St. George's

Round 3 - Bethpage Black

After round 3, the 30 golfers with the least points will be eligible for the next round. The only exception to this is that it must include at least 4 people per tier (for our purposes, hack/amateur/pro will be lumped into a single tier). There will be only 30 move on including these so you are not completely safe unless you are well within the top 30 or within the top 4 of your tier. Your tier will be evaluated each week meaning that it can change during the duration of the tour if it changes on WGT. 

Also after round 3, the points you currently have will be divided by two. 

Round 4 - Kiawah

After round 4, the top 25 advance (min. 3 per tier). 

Round 5 - Oakmont

After round 5, the top 18 advance. 

Round 6 - St. Andrews will be different. You will be placed in a team of 3. You will play 18 holes together. Your individual scores will be summed together. The lowest combined 2 groups will advance. In addition out of the remainder, the lowest 2 individual scores will advance, then out of those who are left, their score will be added to their already accumulated points. The 2 golfers with the least total will also advance into the final. 

Round 7 - Olympic Club The 10 top finishers will vie for the title of CGT champion in a winner takes all stroke play event. However, you will not be alone. You will be playing with a partner of your chosing, and you will be playing in fourball stroke play. i.e. your score per hole is the best score from either you or your partner. However, if your partner outscores you individually and your team wins, your partner will be the one to take home the title!.

The prizes: (note - we already have more sponsors, the total purse has grown to 4500 which will allow people of all tiers to be included in the prize money.  I haven't decided yet exactly how the new money will be divided).  

1500 credits will go towards the winner, in equipment or credit equivalent minus 10% transaction fee. 

In addition I will sponsor 500 credits towards the highest ranked (lowest points) person from the hack/amateur/pro tier at the end of the 5th round (since they are not guaranteed on advancing past that round) - as long as they have completed all 5 rounds! 

Rules Clarifications:

If you withdraw from a round or do not enter, you will receive the same points as if you finished one worse than last in the round. I.e. if the bottom finisher was in 34th place with an 94 score, you will be counted as being in 35th place. 

RSS