Forums

Help › Forums

is there a formula to determine the break of a green?

Mon, Sep 27 2010 12:03 PM (32 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2010 7:15 PM

BOFFMEN:
    ...and not even remotely accurate...lol

It most definitely is. The Yankees don't pay this, it comes from a 31% levy on all 30 team payrolls which is then divided evenly amongst the teams. The collective bargaining agreement laid this out and MLB adds money from their central fund to enhance this unevenly, geared toward giving the lower revenue teams proportionately more-the same teams that pocket the money instead of developing players and remain perennial losers.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 5:25 AM

YankeeJim:

... the same teams that pocket the money instead of developing players and remain perennial losers.

LOL... Spelled-out, it looks like this: P-I-R-A-T-E-S. Hope they can get it together this year.

DMM and Boffmen... you guys deifinitely said it better than I did, with greater clarity. And as YJ said, only through repetition... becoming familiar with the greens... will one's own "formula" be found and honed.

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 9:50 AM

YankeeJim:
    After a zillion putts you get to the point where the "feel" thing becomes instinctive

...until you buy another virtual putter from the pro shop and you'll have to start *almost* all over again!

loll :)

Rob

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 10:57 AM

YJ please read this
    Then come back and read what you've previously written...just trying to help a putter and a baseball fan out is all.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 11:31 AM

BOFFMEN:
    YJ please read this
    Then come back and read what you've previously written...just trying to help a putter and a baseball fan out is all.

Almost verbatim with this         http://www.bnet.com/2403-13502_23-210897.html. Not sure where you see confusion but I think it's the gist of the way it is. (The $50 mil is actually $30 mil plus the extra from MLB for the losers.) Personally, I'd like to see a cap on spending, all kidding aside. Do to baseball what the NFL did to football.

@SC-You are so right and it's worse with new irons. New feel and everything. OIY!

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 11:57 AM

Yeah, sometimes, when I think about baseball.. I can "putt" longer.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:01 PM

Hey Jim, I see a Yankee vs Giants World Series.  LOL. This is gonna be our year finally, best pitching rotation in both leagues, strong bullpen and a great bench. Then if every player in our starting lineup has a miracle year, you guys don't stand a chance.

It looks like were gonna be busting out the brooms on  your  Yankees.  :).

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:21 PM

salamii:
    It looks like were gonna be busting out the brooms on  your  Yankees.  :).

LOL, sal. Too bizarre if it happens-I grew up out there as a Giant fan back in the days when Juan Marichal was cracking Johnny Roseboro's head open with the bat and the Giants were watering down Candelstick's infield to slow Maury Wills. Dodgers and Giants-a war like none other in the day.

Heh, now it's the other coast with Yanks and Sox.  ;-)

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:45 PM

oops, sorry Jim, must5 have been sleep typing. Every year at this time I tend to get my hopes up thinking that this year may be the one finally. I must be a glutton for punishment. You are so lucky, deep pockets is the key.

The only way to have a winner. I am so tired of hearing about how the payroll is tapped out.  Its common sense, spend the money, team starts winning, attendance doubles, next thing you know someone throws a 50 billion dollar t.v contract in your lap. 

All the years we had the best player in baseball you would think they would find another bat to protect him,  All they had to do was pitch around Barry, nobody else worried them much.

Now we have probably the best pitching staff in both leagues and what does management do, they sign a bunch of 240 hitters to bolster the lineup. Think we had about 50 homers total last year.  My heart can't take much more of this frustration. This is why WGT is so important to me, stress relief.

OMG, rant in progress, I better quit now. LOL

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 5:03 PM

We bought ourselves a couple of World Series back in the early '90s... ahhhh the memories!  Now we can't even buy a bucket of practice balls... But Cito is back!  LOL

RSS