Forums

Help › Forums

Meter Freeze-Up

Tue, Mar 9 2010 7:40 AM (5 replies)
  • mhill7070
    6 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 1:33 PM

Fix the freezing on the meter bar. Some of the times, it'll go regularly to time your swings/puttings. Most of the time, it'll freeze at the last second and it'll either be under or over the target hash-mark like Stevie Wonder making a hit on the ball!!

I'm sure there are hundreds, or thousands, of players experienced this mishap over and over and over.

If nothing being fixed, I want my refunds back!!

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 3:21 PM

Yes, I was going for a par putt on St. And's. then the meter froze, and I clicked when it was way over to the end, causing me to miss an almost sure par. I would have scored one under par if not for that.

Unnnnnngh!

Greg.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 3:49 PM

Hi guys,

Please make sure you have taken the time to optimize your system performance by reading through this thread and performing all the steps mentioned within.

This game is intense and if your computer isn't up to snuff you will experience the occasional stutter or freeze.  Sometimes just having the huge spec numbers on your PC is not enough.  If you have a lot of unnecessary programs running like many store bought PC's have (extra browser windows, printer configs, tons of start-up programs, Anti-Virus software) they will detract from your performance. 

Please make sure you've taken all the steps you can to optimize your system including playing in a smaller window, lowering the graphics settings in the game options (biggest reported help) and turning off some of the "extras" like water reflections.  Every little bit will help.

Good Luck =)

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 4:28 PM

It happens very rarely for me anyways, so it is almost a non-issue. Most of the time when it happens, I shall try to refrain from clicking, and try again.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 8:08 PM

PorkyWalrus:
    I shall try to refrain from clicking, and try again.

...In addition to WGTniv's instructions, you guys can download "Game booster". The download is under 2MB, and really helps improve meter lag and freezing considerably. 

Check it out.

GL

• mhill7070
    6 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 7:40 AM

Thanks for the advices! Hopefully nothing happens after I sort that out.

RSS