Help › Forums

No Option to Change View On Green

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:27 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 10:00 AM

Ok, thanks Jay, I'll try to duplicate it myself.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 10:22 AM

No prob nivlac. Sorry for the aggravated tone of the original post... i was just.. umm... aggravated at the time. :)

Thanks for looking into it.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 10:55 AM

Ok Jay, I see what you are talking about now and was able to reproduce it easily.

Basically, in some situations when you are close to the green and using a FULL shot the only "extra" cam available is the "Green Reverse".  If you switch the view to the extra cam while in FULL shot you won't be able to return to the normal zoom view.  This only affects FULL shots around the green because chips & pitches don't offer the extra camera angles.  If you are defaulted to a chip or pitch, you would have to manually switch to a FULL shot and then select the extra cam in order to reproduce this.

If after selecting the "Green Reverse" FULL shot cam you attempt to switch to a pitch or chip shot then you're stuck in the "Green Reverse" view for every shot type instead of the normal "behind the hole" view that chips and pitches offer.

The only way to get things back to normal viewing is to SAVE and QUIT and then reload your round.

Temp recommendation:  Avoid using extra cams within 30 yards of the green until we can get it sorted out.  If you do manage to get yourself stuck save/quit OR switch to a PUTT and try to line your shot up that way.

SlashX, if you notice yourself stuck in a similar situation I'd recommend saving and resuming.  I'd be interested to know if that would workaround the issue you had, because that's a little different than this camera issue.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:13 AM

Thanks Niv, you da man!

I forget to mention it was the full view where this happens, I use this when pitching or chipping just to get one more view to make sure I will land on the green when taking the shot (ie. and if not switch to full or flop), sometimes the other 2 views do not give you a great perspective. 

Hope it will get tweaked as its helpful for sure.  :) 

p. s  sry for the hijack Slash :)  maybe the save & quit, resume will work for you as well

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:20 AM

Along the lines of that reverse camera I discovered how you can see the yardage to a recovery shot that you are blocked from seeing in the forward view. When you have to aim out of trouble using the top view you can't always see the yardage to the aimer. Switching to the reverse green view lets you see down the fairway far enough to see the aimer which will display the yardage you need. Very helpful.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:27 PM

jayjonbeach:

Hi Niv I believe it does, in the Zoom view once the little camera icon is chosen, I have not found a way to get back to the default zoom view. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this before as it must happen to everyone but it is only a small thing, it should be easy to duplicate, guess I should have reported it as a bug b4!

I did post on this issue before, can't find the thread right now....  My issue was slightly different where I actually saw a camera show up when I switched to reverse while I was on the putting surface (putter selected).  I only made the mistake of looking at that camera once, but I have seen it show up 3 or 4 times now, and not on the same hole or course.

*edit* found the thread....http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/8513/54154.aspx#54154

• PAGES
RSS