Help › Forums

No Option to Change View On Green

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:27 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 1:01 AM

Playing in the weekly 18 hole single play tourney and have some issues i wanted to ask about.

I guess first issue i have is how do you play 18 holes of golf and have a headwind or a sidewind on every hole? I mean eventually arent you going to get a tailwind on a hole? I am stuck on the 17th green [issue #2] and to this point i have had one hole with a tailwind... #8. Have had a headwind on all 4 par 5's. Do they all face the same direction? I doubt it. Is this one of the bad "wind sets" i have heard about and always seem to experience in the weekly tourneys? Why isnt it like this everytime i play Kiawah instead of just during weekly single play tourneys?

Issue #2. I get to the 17th teebox and of course have a dead left to right 13mph wind and somehow i manage to avoid vemmie and land the ball on the green so i might have a chance to make a birdie and move to a whopping 3 under par when the screen refreshes and my avatar is in reverse view not lined up even remotely with the pin and without an option to change the view back to the forward view. Now i know some people can putt in an unlined up reverse view but i am not one of them and i havent ever had this happen in the couple of hundred rounds i have played in this game. Is this something new or is it part of the special all headwind version of the weekly single play 18 i was lucky enough to get this week?

As you can see there is no option to change to the forward view. How do you line up a putt like this? How do you make a putt like this when you havent ever putted backwards?

How about making this somewhat fair and resetting my entry into the weekly single play 18 hole so maybe i can play like crap because i suck at the game instead of the game making it retardedly hard with the headwind on every hole and the backwards putting. Thanks.

Edit... And yes i submitted a bug report so you should be able to tell whats up.

• AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 1:29 AM

Well, its just you system maybe or maybe graphics drivers?

Did you maximize the screen?

Front view...Slide to right..

After pressing "reverse' (slide to bottom right)

all is there....

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 2:18 AM

Trust me i have played enough matches to know where the reverse toggle switch is. The screen came up with my golfer in reverse view and no way to change it back. Look at the pic i posted... there is no "front" button there.

• AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 3:56 AM

Looks like a graphics glitch not a bug.. Sorry for trying to help..

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 4:01 AM

lol. Sorry if i came across the wrong way. Just a little aggravated at the moment. It isnt a glitch with my graphics card. Thanks for the input though.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 4:45 AM

Hi Slash I had the same thing happen to me on a chip shot from off the green on Kiawah back nine. My view was that the camera was down in the bunker and I was on top just off the green. All of a sudden it changed and I was facing the bunker with no chance to reverse. Had to chip into bunker before I could face the right way. It has happened only that one time in over 300 rds of golf. Very exasperating to say the least. :)

J

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 6:15 AM

I believe AvatarLee discovered this right after the last update. He got stuck in a view and couldn't get out. Switching shot types was one of the workarounds.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 8:18 AM

I hope I'm not hijacking but this is a very related issue. 

When going to the zoom view around the green like for pitching, you can pick one of the "other cameras" to view your shot from.  So in this case, there are actually 3 views, front, default zoom and the 3rd camera option which is usually a rear view. 

Once you pick the 3rd option, the default zoom is no longer available and this is disappointing as sometimes you really want to check that view again and cant.  Hope this could be changed in the future.  Oh, and please give us the extra views in CTTH.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:42 AM

Thanks for the reports guys.

Slash, bugs do occur from time to time and that's surely a new one, but unfortunately it's not a matter of simply resetting a "flag" for a player in a specific tournament so we won't be able to do that for you.  I apologize the for inconvenience, but we will look into why this happened and I appreciate you taking the time to submit a bug report.  That will help us track it down much faster.

Jay, does that happen to you every single time you do things in that order?

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:53 AM

Hi Niv I believe it does, in the Zoom view once the little camera icon is chosen, I have not found a way to get back to the default zoom view. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this before as it must happen to everyone but it is only a small thing, it should be easy to duplicate, guess I should have reported it as a bug b4!

• PAGES
RSS