Forums

Help › Forums

Open Challenge to all

Thu, Feb 25 2010 4:02 PM (32 replies)
  • stanroca
    52 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2010 11:01 AM

LMFAO .... I too subscribe to this .... if the winds don't get you, the bunkers will and if they don't the greens are hard as hell to hold and read.  Pain is an understatement!!!!!  41

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2010 12:42 PM

PAIN!! ...  that's too damned funny. Welcome back to the forums, Lou!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2010 2:29 PM

Middle4man:
    My challenge is, in part, to open the eyes of the nonbelievers, in that there is INDEED a learning curve that ALL players must go through, even the Masters on new courses. These players did not get averages in the 50's just by playing a few times per week; you see the number of ranked rounds they have put in

Ivietri, that is too hilarious. Good one. lol

Middle4man, what a good idea. This should put to rest anyone's skepticism about inflated averages some members feel aren't legitimate from the top 25 or so players. 

I'll probably shoot in the 40's at the Old course judging from how I play the St. Andrews CTTH (sub 300). We'll see though when everyone posts their St. Andrews scorecard.

P.S. Our Great Britain friends can give us the skinny on what to expect. Pretty cool.

GL

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2010 2:54 PM

I was going to post my first score, but after reading this think I might just practice a while.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2010 3:52 PM

Lets not forget about "you know who".

That old beast is laying in wait,lurking ,just waiting to lash out at all good,well dinged shots...Oh the horror...

I predict a round in the high 40's if "The beast" is on the loose and a low to mid 40's if I can dodge him.

Good Luck to All...

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2010 6:50 PM

PAIN .... in all seriousness .. if i shoot bogey golf first round i'll be very happy indeed.   Anticipating some hard wind, fast greens and 100 foot putts.

• imperialrock
    217 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 2:46 AM

I shot a 32 (-4) including a 97-footer for Eagle on my first attempt.  Please check my score history for verification :-)

• ClarkeBosun
    150 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 2:50 AM

Just had my first go round the Old Course front 9...

LOVING IT!! :) Great to have a new stroke play course at last!

Went round in level par. One highlight was driving the green on the 7th and leaving a 204 ft putt lol, which I somehow managed to leave 16ft short - result!

Looking forward to the first St Andrews Ready Go...........

• DrColossus
    11 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 3:30 AM

Three under on my first play through. Birdied 5, 6 and 9. I was quite lucky with the wind, on most holes I seemed to have a strong assist (in fact hit a new personal best drive off the first tee). Seems pretty difficult to miss most of the fairways and greens. I was playing of white tees for some reason though, I expect the master tees will be more difficult.

Anyhow good stuff WGT, variety is good.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 4:23 AM
    -4 first time out. Birdies on 1, 3, 7 and 9....not too bad. Love the new course!
RSS