Forums

Help › Forums

How can you shoot a 53 at BPB without cheating?

Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:38 AM (55 replies)
  • bobbo2817
    3 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:05 PM

I am just wondering how all of these low scores are being posted in the BPB Challenge without cheating going on? That is like birdies on every hole? Come on now. Would someone like to offer an answer?

Thanks!

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:19 PM

Practice!  You also have the #1 or #2 player on the site playing from the white tees. Just shot 56 with a couple of missed putts myself.

I love how people who suck automatically cry cheat only because they cannot hit the shots or fathom how someone else could be that much better than them.  How is it possible is a decent question.  How is it possible without cheating is utterly ridiculous! 

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:22 PM

The tourny is unlimited, so you can play as much as you want.  

The tees aren't tournament length, so Masters are teeing up closer from which they normally play, making for easier approach shots.

Yes it is mostly birdies, I'm sure with an eagle or 2 mixed in.  Given the above 2 parameters and you are going to get some low scores.  

Being inquisitive is fine but your cheating acquisition in the title is a touch out of line.

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:30 PM

I believe the top players here are very good, no doubt about it. I have no proof of anyone cheating, therefore I would never accuse anyone of doing so. However you would have to be out of your mind to not think that some haven't tried or currently are cheating. Take online poker for example. People cried for years that there was cheating and lo and behold it was true. I don't know whether people are cheating or not, I don't really care. However to think it hasn't been tried or accomplished is ridiculous.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:33 PM

Oak's right, bobbo-masters playing from the pro tees are brutal and absolutely dominate the course. What you don't see at first glance is that this is not the norm. Masters usually tee off considerably farther back and the scores become a little more real. Some tournaments are from the white tees for everybody (still don't understand why.)

@TD-it just aint happening. Never has, never will. Believe it.

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:53 PM

Right, wasn't happening in online poker either. I respect your opinion but you'll never convince me otherwise.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 1:09 PM

TDHarvey:
    Right, wasn't happening in online poker either. I respect your opinion but you'll never convince me otherwise.

Online poker is for actual profit, ya knucklehead.  They made millions.  I'm glad to see that you tuned in for that episode of 60 Minutes.  

There is no profit here outside is minimal cash value prizes.  So it would be a waste of devoting one's time and energy for something with such a minimal return.  So your theory doesn't hold unless the girls at Bo Peeps start taking WGT credits for lap dances.

I'm usually a skeptic as well, but cheaters follow the cash, not WGT credits.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 1:14 PM

Since I am a nobody,  I take pride in the amount of time I spent practicing, and continue to practice so I can excel.   Maybe I am from the old school, but I am the same way with real golf. 

Everyone wants how all those top players shoot low scores, and so do I at times, but practice, practice, does pay off.

Course management, and how the ball reacts out of various lies is what those top players have mastered, hence lets continue practicing and improving.

As for my 55, I missed an albatross on #13 by a couple of feet.  But it made for a nice eagle putt.  Hence, it may have been from the whites, but, heck, I still show pride in my accomplishment.

• bobbo2817
    3 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 2:20 PM

Sorry, I guess I was overly strong with my language. I didn't mean to imply that any of you are cheating, I just can't figure out how anyone shoots that low. I have been practicing for a long time and have bought all the good equipment and I am lucky to get a couple of birdies per round, much less eagles and 14 birdies. My apologies to all and thanks for letting me know how the tournament is run, too.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 2:31 PM

bobbo-I didn't think you were making accusations, just wondering how it was done. (Cheating is a volatile word around here.) What I think you're missing is for playing as little as you do and to be able to get those couple of birdies you're doing just fine. These guys shooting these scores have hundreds of rounds under their belts. They're mashing and play regularly. You'd probably be hanging there too if you wanted to play more. The scores are legit but they didn't happen without a lot of work going into them. Keep hacking  :-)

RSS