Forums

Help › Forums

My Top 4 courses for WGT

Fri, Nov 26 2010 1:50 PM (60 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 6:02 AM

jayjonbeach:
    However I just played Wolf Creek and wow just wow. 
    I know what you mean... played a couple rounds there back in October.  I still drool over the pictures!  That would be my absolute first pick to see WGT finish off that course in full stroke play (leaving out the kiddie tees of course)

• suspense5599
    1 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 11:51 AM

No one ever mentions Shinnecock.  I think that St. Andrews and Pebble Beach have been overplayed on other systems for years. Even a course like Muirfield Village in Columbus would be cool and never done before, since Jack Nicklaus laid it out very close to Augusta.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 12:42 PM

Shinnecock is great, I would have said it if there was even a remote hope of WGT getting on that course

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 12:49 PM

raidermatt1:
    1. Merion (extremely underrated)

it won't be in 2013.

But you just need to watch out for the rubber snakes. ;)

• TarheelsRule
    5,493 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 3:31 PM
    1) Harbour Town 2) Carnoustie..........Scotland 3) Shinnecock Hills 4) Winged Foot West These are in no particular order. The National course out on the Hamptons is a great track too, I was lucky enough to play Winged Foot, both courses, the National and Shinnecock on one trip. I left off the courses that are on every game, St. Andrews, Pebble Beach and Augusta because they are over shown now. The great courses should get some play rather than just the same old courses.
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 4:08 PM

What are the top five known public courses throughout the world? Those are the courses that will stand a chance of being implemented at WGT.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 4:12 PM

TarheelsRule:

St. Andrews, Pebble Beach and Augusta because they are over shown now. The great courses should get some play rather than just the same old courses.

I would a agree with you if it weren't for that playing a course on WGT is much different than playing a course on any regular video game because you really feel like you are on the golf course. Just imagine how great it would be having all those beautiful pictures of Pebble Beach, I would really be cool. Trust, I don't think any of will be bored quickly of St. Andrews, and I don't think we would be bored for Augusta or Pebble either.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 4:17 PM

Richard4168:

What are the top five known public courses throughout the world? Those are the courses that will stand a chance of being implemented at WGT.

I would say Pebble Beach, Turnberry, TPC Sawgrass, Cape Kidnappers, Harbour Town, and maybe Pinehurst No 2, or Royal Melbourne West

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 6:48 PM

holy cow Oppy! I went to this website and couldn't believe my eyes!

And then to top it off, its designed by my favorite living architect, Tom Doaks

This is my number 1 pic for a WGT course now!

http://www.capekidnappers.com/

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 6:57 PM

It is interesting to me that each time one of these "which courses?" questions comes around there is never mention of any of the approx. 120 golf courses located in the Coachella Valley of Southern Cal...better known as 'Palm Springs'. There are some tracks there that go beyond spectacular.

RSS