Help › Forums

Just wondering about some scores...

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 3 2010 3:22 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PeterSecond
    3 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 4:09 PM
    On Bethpage - Multiround Feb Open, the leader of the first round is AvatarLee by a "scorching" 54!!! (I have to put 3!!! it's so incredibly unbelievable!!!) That means it's a 16-birdie round for 18 holes?!? Pllllease... be serious! Oh, I forgot, he probably put in a couple eagles, and some other "meager" little birdies ;-) I REALLY question that score by just using the mouse, and clicking reflexes.... I would believe that score on an Unlimited round, but not on a one-shot deal only round. Come on! Be serious, how can someone using only a mouse achieve such a score? This is unbeatable by a "human." Please tell me AvatarLee's trick, so I can also "practice" to have some good scores myself. Peter
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 4:51 PM

Ah.. the inevitable "I can't do it, so they must be cheating" post.

Sad really.  But, not unexpected.

PeterSecond, when you have put in as much time and as many rounds as ALee, please feel free to question and criticize.  Your 54 ranked rounds can not compare to his 715... and he has been here a full year longer than you.

And, he has something you'll never get....  playing time with Tibbets.

So, please, before you make a bigger fool of yourself, either edit out your accusations or send a full apology to your fellow countryman.

Otherwise, you're just making yourself out to be a laughingstock.

I'm just sayin'....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 4:57 PM

...and sayin' it right.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 5:15 PM

it's like the tree in the forrest riddle, if a terrible player makes a noise does anyone really hear it, nice round av lee JB            p.s. snaike love the new skins

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 5:18 PM

PeterSecond:
    Please tell me AvatarLee's trick, so I can also "practice" to have some good scores myself. Peter

Hey Pete,

You've already identified the trick yourself, and even put it in quotation marks.

"PRACTICE"

Play well.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 5:47 PM

A number of people have shot 53's from the white tees in single plays.  Takes a lotta practice and a lotta dings.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 6:29 PM

Remember Peter, your path, is not Lee's path, and his path is not yours.  But that's okay.  Because when WGT made your avatar, he made a unique being.  

• Reed87
    5 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 6:52 PM
    I remember once back in October I dinged the bell it was awesome!
  • foley1362
    22 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 8:01 PM

Peter - instead of bashing the 54, why don't you celebrate it?  Instead of questioning his skill, why don't you strive to achieve it yourself?  Instead of wondering how he does it, try befriending him and asking his advice.

You could even go watch some of his replay's to get ideas on how to attack certain holes.  I know I did.

You don't a 57 stroke avg by not shooting any scores below that.

I am not trying to attack you, rather trying to inspire you.  Heck I am living proof.  2 weeks ago I was in the 68 avg's and hoping to make top 70's.  2 weeks later, with some new clubs, a lot of 'practice' and some new found swagger I am sniffing the 62's and some potential top 10 finishes.

Golf is a game of skill and luck and celebration.  Players like AvatarLee and Tibbets and more hold honors in here equal to that of Jack and Arnie imo and NOT just because of their scores but what they stood for.

~Striving for my own excellence

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 10:17 PM

snaike

Your picture says a lot about you so does your name you should be banned for that

• PAGES
RSS