Forums

Help › Forums

WD in Ready-Go

Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:30 AM (34 replies)
  • ironking34
    749 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 3:23 PM

I love the fact that we are able to see who withdraws in the Ready-Go Tourneys.  Seeing some of the elite master at the bottom of the leader-board with WD next to their names gives me hope; First that they are human and second that maybe I can get a couple of good finishes.   

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 10:37 PM

I love that you started this post. It was a prod to peruse these results you speak of. They are telling of something unknown. Unknown. It would speak of something I wish not to speak of.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 10:41 PM

most of those elite players are dropping due to meter issues :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:01 PM

We all have meter issues. Quiting at anything identifies other issues that can only be solved by not doing so. Being a punk is not being elite, it is just being a little pansy.

• dickie40
    37 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:15 PM

Well said SweetiePie!

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:26 PM

Think its not worth it to most elite players to put up anything less than 4 under in a 9 hole RG.  If something happens early where they throw up a bogey and a par or 2, its more appealing to them to WD and enter another RG where they might win.  I'm guessing grinding it out for a -2 or -3 doesn't appeal to them.  Them doing this also puts others higher on the leaderboard than they might have been if they had played it out.

I like the WDs being there and don't mind my name being shown when I WD, not that I'm an elite player.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 1:40 AM

Why do you care what other people choose to do with their time or credits?

I personally think posting crap scores in an unlimited over and over is a complete waste of time and balls any only a punk pansy would do it....

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 4:02 AM

Wow...Here we go with the name calling......I wish you lived in my neighborhood in Da Bronx NY to see how much of a Punk Pansy I am.....Stop it with the name calling....We keeps it real in the BX, Where do you Rep.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 4:15 AM

I'm happy when top tier players withdraw from RG's I'm in.

That just increases my chances of a bigger payout in the RG.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 4:27 AM

ironking34:

Wow...Here we go with the name calling......I wish you lived in my neighborhood in Da Bronx NY to see how much of a Punk Pansy I am.....Stop it with the name calling....We keeps it real in the BX, Where do you Rep.

sorry, I should have quoted sweetiepie, my comment was in response to her.

Everyone has different motivations for playing and enjoy different aspects of the game.  For me, I enjoy winning, I could give a rats ass about finishing 4th, 7th, 13th  w/e  in a RG. Therefore if my round is going so poorly that I can't win, guess what,  I sometimes quit.

RSS