Forums

Help › Forums

Would you be interested???

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 24 2012 11:13 AM (9 replies)
  • MrMcCormick
    69 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 7:00 PM

If I were to create a web-site where it was set up just like the pga.

- 2 4 day tournaments a month.

- Site would be membership access, Personal profiles, Rankings (Like FedEx standings), Sub-divisions such as nationwide tour and gateway tour if it were to get to packed.

- Alt shot, match play, and skins tournaments for members.

- And anything else that you would want to add to make the site fun and worth it.

At the end of the year players win prizes based on the amount of points earned through total standings just like the FedEx cup. Players win prizes such as gifts from wgt, gift cards, trophies, etc. etc.

All games would be played on wgt and monitored by myself and a few others. It is just like how wgt is now but expanded because I would get to focus control on a smaller group of players which would allow me to run special events that wgt itself would not be able to monitor.

This site and game is great but I could see it even being funner with these additions.

It would cost members 5-10 dollars or so a month or a discount for paying the entire years balance to better their chances of a better end of the year ranking.

So give me some insight gents. Does this seem like something you would want to be involved in? Is there something that would make it worth your while?

The creation of the site and organization would all be worth while if players were interested in the idea.

I am addicted to this game and get to play at work so I am just looking to make the game even funner and take it to a new level.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MrMcCormick

Owner? Myself and possibly one other.

Site look and feel? A mix between PGA.com and gatewaytour.com

Security? Everything will be password protected. Members will have log-ins matching the name of the WGT profile they have created. All gifts will be certified and when someone does win they will recieve e-mail verification of what they have won. Prizes will be certified. Payements will all go through pay-pal which has credit and debit card verification which is useful if refund is requested.

Tournaments?

18 hole four day tournaments will run through the country club format on wgt and the results will be copied into the site.

Alt shot tournaments where people can pick any partner or be given one and play in alt shot tournaments in a bracket style throughout the year.

Match play tournaments in bracket format as well. All matches will be monitored through shared games to confirm wins and losses.

4 major championships will be established which players will have to qualify for if they don't have the points.

If it gets crowded it will be broken up into 3 divisions

Depending on how you do in a year you will be moved up or down a division to get more consistent competition in each bracket. Obviously the lesser of the brackets does not earn as much prize money.

Ryder Cup at the end of the year with the players best in the standings teaming up in a ryder cup competition that includes stokeplay, match play, and alt shot.

And any other ideas anyone might have.

All the money will go towards the site and as prizes for winning members.

Games will be played through wgt and transported into the site. Each member will have their own page with their own message board to talk directly to myself... This will all be private. There will also be message boards to talk as a community and discuss changes and things "you" the players would want.

This is not to make money. I just want to push this game one step further and make it more competitive then it already is.

Any sort of input would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I don't have a name for it yet. This idea just came to me a week ago. I just want people opinions on the idea.

- And I apologize for having to post this again... Last one accidentally got deleted.

• bob456bob
    34 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:03 PM

This sounds like a great idea.  If you follow through with this I'd definitely be interested in this.

• MrMcCormick
    69 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:24 PM

Nice to know. I will definitly make sure it gets done. I just don't want to go through it all and find out no one is interested. lol. Any input or ideas you might have would be greatly appreciated.

I know WGTLS out of the UK is free. But I want to create a more organized setting that can present more of an award structure for the serious wgt golfer. As well as provide an environment for the casual wgt'ers looking for structured competition and events that don't allow quitting.

I have no problem running this but I want to know peeps are interested and will join in.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:58 PM

Funny, I thought I'd replied to another thread identical to this one earlier on...

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 6:41 AM

MrMcCormick:

If I were to create a web-site where it was set up just like the pga.

- 2 4 day tournaments a month.

- Site would be membership access, Personal profiles, Rankings (Like FedEx standings), Sub-divisions such as nationwide tour and gateway tour if it were to get to packed.

- Alt shot, match play, and skins tournaments for members.

- And anything else that you would want to add to make the site fun and worth it.

At the end of the year players win prizes based on the amount of points earned through total standings just like the FedEx cup. Players win prizes such as gifts from wgt, gift cards, trophies, etc. etc.

All games would be played on wgt and monitored by myself and a few others. It is just like how wgt is now but expanded because I would get to focus control on a smaller group of players which would allow me to run special events that wgt itself would not be able to monitor.

This site and game is great but I could see it even being funner with these additions.

It would cost members 5-10 dollars or so a month or a discount for paying the entire years balance to better their chances of a better end of the year ranking.

So give me some insight gents. Does this seem like something you would want to be involved in? Is there something that would make it worth your while?

The creation of the site and organization would all be worth while if players were interested in the idea.

I am addicted to this game and get to play at work so I am just looking to make the game even funner and take it to a new level.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MrMcCormick

Owner? Myself and possibly one other.

Site look and feel? A mix between PGA.com and gatewaytour.com

Security? Everything will be password protected. Members will have log-ins matching the name of the WGT profile they have created. All gifts will be certified and when someone does win they will recieve e-mail verification of what they have won. Prizes will be certified. Payements will all go through pay-pal which has credit and debit card verification which is useful if refund is requested.

Tournaments?

18 hole four day tournaments will run through the country club format on wgt and the results will be copied into the site.

Alt shot tournaments where people can pick any partner or be given one and play in alt shot tournaments in a bracket style throughout the year.

Match play tournaments in bracket format as well. All matches will be monitored through shared games to confirm wins and losses.

4 major championships will be established which players will have to qualify for if they don't have the points.

If it gets crowded it will be broken up into 3 divisions

Depending on how you do in a year you will be moved up or down a division to get more consistent competition in each bracket. Obviously the lesser of the brackets does not earn as much prize money.

Ryder Cup at the end of the year with the players best in the standings teaming up in a ryder cup competition that includes stokeplay, match play, and alt shot.

And any other ideas anyone might have.

All the money will go towards the site and as prizes for winning members.

Games will be played through wgt and transported into the site. Each member will have their own page with their own message board to talk directly to myself... This will all be private. There will also be message boards to talk as a community and discuss changes and things "you" the players would want.

This is not to make money. I just want to push this game one step further and make it more competitive then it already is.

Any sort of input would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I don't have a name for it yet. This idea just came to me a week ago. I just want people opinions on the idea.

- And I apologize for having to post this again... Last one accidentally got deleted.

Any sort of input appreciated?  Looks like someone else had the exact same idea.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 7:08 AM

LMAO!!! It's Southpawjinx!! Muti-accounter??

HAWK

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 8:11 AM

I knew a guy like this in college--he would get really wasted and say things like "dude we should totally have a rager party this weekend with like 10 kegs and get some girls and hire a band and DO IT UP" and then he would even sometimes write out elaborate plans in his "party notebook" but then the weekend would come and... wait for it...

...there would be no party!

Then sometime later--maybe even the very next week--he would say "hey man, I just had this great idea, let's throw a party!" 

...and repeat.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 8:35 AM

andyson:
    Any sort of input appreciated?  Looks like someone else had the exact same idea.

We may not always see eye to eye Andy, but this is just pure genius on your part. The OP got busted big time. LOL!!

• MrMcCormick
    69 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 11:13 AM

I am not a multi accounter. I have a son on this site who would be possibly helping with the web-site design. He is going to most likely help me run the site but I would rather people talk and go through me only right now. I don't know why you would even consider the prupose of two opposing accounts when I have all the credits I would ever need and then some. I have been a member here for a long time and play this game for fun. With 175 in earnings and counting I don't need to set upanother account just to make more of what I don't need.

ALSO... Why would I even consider loggin into another account and posting on the same subject. I didn't want my son posting on it in the first place but he wanted to add his input. Which is why I attempted to move the discussion and in doing so accidentally deleted my main post.

I have no reason to try to have two accounts. On top of that it is not illegal for my son to have one and post his thoughts on the subject. Is he going to be the main person that would assist with the site? Yes. But he in no way will OWN it like stated.

I apologize for the confusion and will still advice that this site is not for profit. I nor my son would participate in any of the tournaments that would be available. His job would be to monitor gameplay.

I have earned all the credits I would ever need so I am just trying to expand on an idea. To just jump in and accuse someone of this action is disrespectful. EXPECIALLY when I don't have any reason to do that.

- MrMcCormick

RSS