Forums

Help › Forums

Glitches

Wed, Nov 15 2023 12:23 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ozzy5558
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:02 AM
    When i play stroke or match play i get a glitch every now and then but everytime i play any stoke play tourny i get glitches on every and i repeat every damn hole i clear my cache and all that stuff so can anybody explain why it glitches so bad during stroke tourny`s
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:36 AM

Not sure which glitches you are referring to but I found the game unplayable last night (Sunday) at 9pm.

The meter and even the rest of the game was indeed glitchy, the whole damn program was stuttering and it was having a hard time doing anything.

9pm on a Sunday night suggests to me that excessive traffic might be causing the problem and maybe its time to upgrade or add servers....

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 12:33 PM

Jay, did you send a bug report to us?

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:22 PM

Hi Alex.   My bad I actually did not this time.   

It was nothing specific actually, just the same old stutter issues but this time everything was stuttering and not just the meter.  

(meter was the biggest issue though, after choosing power and starting the meter, while it was on its way to the right it "stuttered" causing me to screw up several shots!  Sometimes I seen it in time and took a practice swing by not clicking at all) 

I know you guys are already working on this issue (which is why I never sent anything for this) but if it happens again I will send some if it is going to help! 

Edit - and as it happens gladly I experienced absolutely no stutter Monday night!

• badtigger
    163 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 12:12 AM

I know exactly were your coming from Jay, It  happened  the other night to my friend Dors and I, not only was the meter as bad as always, but even the monitor and typing was skipping, so If it's not just us it has to be on WGT's end like always there looking into to it I'm sure, YEAH RIGHT!!!

• geeDub
    41 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 4:38 PM

I'd like to throw in again as well my $200.00 worth (about what I've paid out for this game).  I quit playing for months here while back due to the bad meter problems stemming from WGT's servers.  I,  like most,  hardly ever file a "bug report" because it never seems to matter or get fixed.  The only reason I went over to TWO was BASICALLY to experience a smooth swing meter.  However,  I like many here who've tried it,  prefer the way this game looks and plays.   Echoing here again one more of the hundreds of times......THIS GAME WOULD BE PERFECT SAVE FOR THE METER STUTTERINGS!!!   Heck,  I even have acquired a brand new powerful computer and am still on hi-speed internet service.  When I mean "hi-speed" ....I clock on all the speed check sites around 15 to 20 mbps.    

The reason I posted today was the fact I had a little better than average game going and was completely robbed of a superb score due to bad meters on two holes.   Btw,  I've done ALL the recommended speed up tricks suggested by WGT (that's right ALL of them....so don't even ask me)   and I always take "two practice swings" before every stroke.   I'm going to try to post my sad card for the back nine at Kiawah.  This has been typical results for me for WAY too long.   If I can't post the .jpg....I'll tell you that it was all birdies except for one par and two meter-glitch-filled double bogeys.

~G.

• boggie63
    1 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2010 7:37 AM

Having the same stuttering problem since yesterday (12-3). The swing meter

jumps as well as the background as scenes change. Is this a program issue or

something to do with IE. Would deleteing the program and reloading it solve the

problem?

• geeDub
    41 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2010 12:39 PM

Yep,  welcome to the club......literally.   Naw....the only way to beat this games swing meter stuttering problem is to just quit the game you're in when it happens and hope you'll get a decent score....maybe one out of the next half dozen.  Or....just wait til a time of the day when the stupid thing is working smoothly.  It's a maddening thing in more ways than one. But,  be prepared....even if you tell your fellow players in a match or game that you need to leave because of the swing meter.....they either won't believe you or they think you should just put up with it "like they do and finish it out no matter what." 

But, as many have said,  it's a good game....but,  after all .....it's just a game. 

~G.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2023 11:28 AM

Why resurrect a 13 year old  thread  for something that probably wasn't a glitch anyway. The way the greens break at Wolf Creek that could be normal

• PAGES
RSS