Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters

Tue, Jan 5 2010 8:45 AM (39 replies)
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 9:01 AM

tibbets:
    I play against the course, not the person I'm playing with, and the course doesn't leave.

Amen, what he said! :)  ^

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 9:14 AM

tibbets:
    Look at the numbers I mentioned of the leader of the Ladder 9....almost 200 matches played on the Ladder and about 200 ranked rounds.  Looking through the score history I'm not seeing many non-WGT tournament rounds recorded.   It's pretty clear that many of those Ladder matches were in Practice mode.  That's the #1 player.  Go down the list and you'll find similar results.

Pure conjecture.

molideha joined the Ladder about the same time Match play was introduced. I know from direct experience with him, that he likes the Match Play format. It is entirely possible that none of his ladder games were stroke play at all, practice or otherwise.

Also in a ranked stroke play foursome, each player gets 3 wins/losses on the ladder - only one WGT round would be recorded.

I have 481 rounds recorded on the ladder 9. I would estimate 80% of those were with 3 or more players, maybe 10% Match play, the rest head to head ranked stroke play. I can not recall playing a single practice round, and I would estimate that that all equals well under 200 stroke play rounds.

You have 0 rounds, and no empirical knowledge to support your opinion.

I'm just making it clear for anyone who's reading this. For once tibbets, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 9:34 AM

birdwell:
    You have 0 rounds, and no empirical knowledge to support your opinion.

Don't Knock It Until You Try It, I Always Say...

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 10:33 AM

i agree with you here birdwell after playing many times with molideha he plays all ladder games in matchplay mode as he uses a 3g connection, if he losses connection he can rejoin the match without having to post a loss for the disconnect. his score history is through playing in wgt tourneys.maybe you should have a go mr tibbets im sure a lot of us would like the experience of playing you,avatarlee used to play quite often on the site and it was a plaseure playing him even though he wiped the floor with me.As for the current number 1 he defeated avatarlee.The ladder games are very competitve my last game with molideha was in 18 ladder i had 10 birdies 6 pars and 1 bogey on the bethpage course and lost 3 and 1.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 10:56 AM

There seems to be badness amongst the IRC people about the ladder site for some reason.  Why ??????

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:36 AM

I see your point Tibbets that you 'play against the course', but wouldn't it be more fun if you played against others?

That, and you seem to go on the site (otherwise how would you know the stats), so why don't you join it?

P.S. As we said, no-one would quit against you. Seriously, who would quit against Tibbets. I played you once, and, even though my *** was being kicked, I enjoyed it!

EDIT: Turns out I've said a banned word. Sorry.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:48 AM

Great, so you guys are the shining examples of those who play ranked rounds.  It doesn't change the fact that in every WGTLS system, the first sentence of the rules for the 3,9, and 18 is: WGTLS  can be played in Ranked or Practice mode using either Stroke Play or Match Play on any course, front or back 9.  Practice mode happens, maybe not for you guys, but it most certainly does happen.

Forget it, I'm glad you guys play ranked rounds.  That's the last I'll say of it.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 12:23 PM

tibbets:
    WGTLS  can be played in Ranked or Practice mode using either Stroke Play or Match Play on any course, front or back 9.

If I remember correctly, the addition of allowing practice rounds as ladder matches came after Match Play was introduced. So for most the the WGTLS history, it was only ranked rounds. It was Fatterson, I believe, who lobbied to get the practice mode in there, to allow more options for the users.

I do remember now playing a 3some in high winds with Slow greens on the back 9 at BPB recently in practice mode. Was a blast actually!

There had been some discussion about a month ago to get "practice mode" back out of the rules, I'm not sure what came of it.

Anyways, If anyone is interested, check out the results history page. here To see which modes the majority of games are played.

(It does happen on occasion that some players might not 'putt out' - which is a shame)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 12:28 PM

cobra4:
    badness amongst the IRC people about the ladder site

Please don't lump everyone in IRC together into a gang mentality.  There are 15-20 folks who regularly visit IRC, all with varying opinions, personalities and the ability to think for themselves.  Some play ladders, some don't and some (myself included) did the ladder thing for a while and got bored with it once credit play came out.

There is no "approved" or "official" opinion from IRC about ladders.  If that's your thing, great, have fun with it.  If not, there's plenty of other things to do too.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 12:44 PM

Well theres certain individuals on that site who think there something else, without naming names..........not including you Nivlac so my appologies to you if i offended you.

RSS