Forums

Help › Forums

Can anyone tell me:

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 29 2024 7:07 PM (3 replies)
  • INTHERUFF420
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2024 12:39 AM

I've been playing for a year and a half, and I need someone to answer a couple questions. First, what is the criteria etc. for moving from the tour pro spot to the next tier? Second, what decides your weekly rank (the one given out on Mondays?) Third, where do you set your wishes for another player gifting you some balls? I've looked for it doggedly. Thanks much for your help. Sincerely JD

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2024 12:38 PM

1. Tour Pro to Master = Min. 25 RR (since turning TP) and Avg score of 67 or lower.  There are other ways for coin only players but they are best guesses as far as I know.  Winning against higher tiered players or going on a long consecutive winning streak will help, as will winning in the higher priced rooms.  Looking at your profile you only have 84 RR in almost 2 years, so you must not play much or else you play a lot of coin rooms.

2. Your weekly rank in the coin rooms is determined by how many coins you win or buy.  If you play a coin game and win the coins are added to your total.  If you lose they are not deducted, you just stay the same.  You can see your current standings by clicking the My Division Progress bar at the top of the room selection screen

3. There isn't a setting to disable gifting.  Just be careful when exiting a coin game and make sure you select No Thanks or whatever it says.  Once you hit the gift button the credits are instantly removed from your account - there is no purchase confirmation button like when you buy something directly through the Pro Shop

• INTHERUFF420
    4 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2024 1:10 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but what is RR? I play everyday, but mostly coin rooms like you said. So getting into tournaments will help my progression? I didn't realize the rank you see on Monday was a coin room rank. It doesn't say that I don't think.

I don't want to turn the gift thing off, I want to set it so it shows up at the end like I see all the time with others. To set the kind of balls to be gifted.

Thanks much  JD

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2024 7:07 PM

RR = Ranked Rounds - Any stroke play game that counts towards your average.  These can be solo ranked rounds, WGT Tournaments (Brackets; Ready Gos; Weekly/Monthly WGT Stroke), or CC Tournaments.  Only criteria is they can't be on Par3, Par 5, or Custom CC courses.  Can't be solo games in Practice mode either, has to be Ranked.  Getting into tournaments won't necessarily help you progress, unless you play the minimum number and achieve the minimum average score.  If you are primarily coin player you may well have a better chance to advance tier by sticking with that.

The Rank you see Mondays is how many coins you've won or purchased vs. other players in your division.  If you are Diamond I and finish in the top 10% for the week you will win some extra coins and be promoted to Diamond II, where the competition will likely be stiffer.  If you click the Rank bar at the top of the Room Selection screen you can see your current status and then check periodically to see your progress, although it really means nothing in the grand scheme of things unless it's an ego thing for you. 

As far as I know you can't turn on/off the gifting thing at the end of coin games.  If you win, you may or may not receive the message asking to gift the loser a sleeve of balls.  If you lose, the opponent may or may not receive a message asking if they want to gift you balls. 

I used to think the type of ball that was involved in the gifting was dependent on the type of ball played during the match, but more and more lately I've been asked if I wanted to gift someone a sleeve of Titleists or Callaways when they had been playing a free starter ball during the match.  Not sure the logic in that, other than a blatant money grab?

RSS