Forums

Help › Forums

Can't access WGT Launcher

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 3 2024 6:05 PM (5 replies)
  • TheTopBanana
    1 Posts
    Thu, Feb 29 2024 7:30 AM

Been using WGT successfully for a few years, but created a new profile because launcher won't launch...

This is the error message I see

Have deleted and reinstalled and granted full access to files through properties.

Anyone have any ideas?

• MioKontic
    4,593 Posts
    Thu, Feb 29 2024 11:37 AM

Any ideas on what?

And why did you have to create a NEW ACCOUNT because the launcher didn't work?

And what do you mean when you say you granted full access to files through properties?

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Thu, Feb 29 2024 1:09 PM

Try a reset

Don't click the above button if you are a bot. Your code will be reassigned and you'll spend the rest of your life as a teasmade!

• MioKontic
    4,593 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2024 7:43 AM

Never thought about him being a bot.  Bots don't normally write like that, seemed human to me.  But we'll never know for sure.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2024 1:56 PM

I think they are getting smarter every day.

I just asked copilot on my computer how it is feeling today.

copilot : I appreciate your inquiry! As an AI language model, I don’t experience emotions or physical sensations, but I’m here and ready to assist you. How can I help you today? 😊

me : I don't need any help as of now thank you. I just wanted to know what kind of response I would get asking you that.

copilot : Understood! If you have any other questions or need assistance in the future, feel free to reach out. Have a great day! 😊

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2024 6:05 PM

TheTopBanana:

Anyone have any ideas?

Try doing ScottHope's "Reset" (see above).  Then launch WGT and log in using your main account (the one you've been using for years).  That will probably solve your problem.

Once you're able to log in and play using your main account, you should contact WGT and have them delete your new account (TheTopBanana).  WGT frowns on people having multiple accounts.

MioKontic:
    And what do you mean when you say you granted full access to files through properties?

I'm pretty sure he means that he right-clicked the WGT files (i.e. launcher.exe and/or golf.exe), selected Properties, then went to the Security tab and set the Permissions to Full Control.

RSS