Forums

Help › Forums

Release Notes 2/28

Tue, Mar 19 2024 5:55 PM (27 replies)
  • WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2024 8:15 AM

Hey everyone,

Here are the release notes for this months update 1.99! All of these will be reflected in game on the client update (when you have the option to update your game).

New Pins for PGA National!

• It’s the same PGA National you’ve grown to love (or hate)
    • Enter now in the Bear Trap Open Tournament
      • Round 1: lasts until March 31st. The top 70 scores will split a total purse of 10,000 WGT Credits
      • Round 2: the top 64 players on the leaderboard from round 1 will move into four 16-player brackets.
      • Round 3 (finale): the winners of each bracket will then play in a livestream match-play final! The winner of the final livestream will win a WGT in-game prize pack consisting of WGT Credits and golf balls

New Custom Course Tournaments

• Be on the lookout for some exciting new tournaments on custom WGT courses
      • Have a good custom course you use in your Country Club? Feel free to send them my way for a chance for that to be featured in a future WGT tournament

Better control when it comes to winds (direction/speed) in our own tournament setup

• Allows us to do some fun things in tournaments
    • For example:
      • Create tournaments with 40+ mph winds
      • Lower the variance of winds (so you will see similar winds to others playing in the same tournament) when we use this feature

New Green Speeds to select (11.5 & 13)

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue in the pro shop where prices were not updating properly when purchasing bundled items, multiples, or sponsor apparel
    • Fixed a visual issues that left items on screen after leaving the Pro Shop when purchasing items in the My Offers section
    • Fixed an issue when trying to send a gift from a player’s equipment page
    • Fixed an issue in the pro shop where the congratulations screen showed the country club art instead of the item that was purchased
    • Fixed an issue in Achievements where the filter dropdown was behind other elements
    • Fixed an issue causing an error message when using the Forfeit button in coin games

Cobra Darkspeed Clubs

• Swing with confidence using COBRA Darkspeed clubs
      • From irons to drivers, this new versatile line of clubs will take your game to the next level

International Women’s Day apparel

• Celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8th in style
      • Claim your free jacket so you can show your support longer after the day ends

Full Court Showdown

• Begins late March
  • MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2024 2:47 PM

So no in-game bug fixes yet again?

How about even a small one next time, like putting the correct elevation on the par 3 at Torrey Pines from the back tees - we all know it's 68ft downhill and not 38ft as it says on the marker.

• Stlkcdc3
    278 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2024 6:52 PM

MioKontic:

So no in-game bug fixes yet again?

How about even a small one next time, like putting the correct elevation on the par 3 at Torrey Pines from the back tees - we all know it's 68ft downhill and not 38ft as it says on the marker.

So that explains why I am always long even with a 7I. Thanks.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Feb 29 2024 2:47 AM

WGTNico:
    Create tournaments with 40+ mph winds

Good way to boost ball sales . LOL

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2024 2:33 AM

This is what you have your developers doing?

Was that really necessary?  A little while ago you moved "Watching opponent" from the middle of the screen to the top of the screen.

STOP WITH ALL THIS CRAP AND START FIXING REAL BUGS!

• hardwick1
    742 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2024 3:17 PM

Amen! The game is now almost unplayable with all of the bugs and glitches and we get more useless updates.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2024 5:42 PM

MioKontic:

A little while ago you moved "Watching opponent" from the middle of the screen to the top of the screen.

STOP WITH ALL THIS CRAP AND START FIXING REAL BUGS!

I was happy that they moved that.  Many players, including myself, had been asking for that for a long time.

There's no reason why WGT can't work on game improvements and bug fixes at the same time.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2024 8:07 AM

Sam - you obviously didn't understand what I was getting at - they changed the name of the green speed from Tournament to Tourney.  Was that really necessary???

Like I said, just wasting time giving us crap updates when there are real bugs to fix!

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2024 8:09 PM

MioKontic:

Sam - you obviously didn't understand what I was getting at - they changed the name of the green speed from Tournament to Tourney.  Was that really necessary???

Like I said, just wasting time giving us crap updates when there are real bugs to fix!

I understood you perfectly, Mio.  You wanted to complain.  Apparently, the change from "Tournament" to "Tourney" bothered you so much that you took the time to screen shot it, circle the word "Tourney" in red, and then upload the picture.  I can't imagine the amount of smoke coming out of your ears while you were doing all that.

What I was responding to was your inclusion of the movement of the "Watching Opponent" text as yet another unnecessary change.  That was actually a change that many (including myself) in the WGT community had been asking for for awhile.  I see that as a great example of WGT listening to the community and doing something they asked for.  

I'm sure they're working on fixing the "real bugs" also.  Maybe those are just a little bit more difficult and take a little bit more time.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2024 12:17 AM

I searched the forum and did not see one single request to move the wording.  I know what you're going to say, the requests were all on Discord.  So the forum has been left to rot, just like the game with bugs that have been here for 15 years and will NEVER be fixed!

RSS