Forums

Help › Forums

Purchasing vs renting equipment

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 20 2024 5:01 PM (5 replies)
  • LARRYDAVID101
    8 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2024 9:36 AM

Still trying to learn about this game as I go.  Recently had an offer pop up to rent a set of clubs for a week: a  Coin Mk2 full set  for 10,000 silver coins.  I rented these, and have been enjoying them.  In the future, if I decide I want to keep these clubs in my bag - are you allowed to actually purchase the equipment - instead of constantly renting?  I could not find an option to buy that equipment in my pro shop, or a price to purchase it.  Is it possible to use a gift card or pre-paid card to make these purchases?  Can I also purchase golf balls as well?

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2024 11:00 AM

LARRYDAVID101:

Still trying to learn about this game as I go.  Recently had an offer pop up to rent a set of clubs for a week: a  Coin Mk2 full set  for 10,000 silver coins.  I rented these, and have been enjoying them.  In the future, if I decide I want to keep these clubs in my bag - are you allowed to actually purchase the equipment - instead of constantly renting?  I could not find an option to buy that equipment in my pro shop, or a price to purchase it.  Is it possible to use a gift card or pre-paid card to make these purchases?  Can I also purchase golf balls as well?

No, they are only for rent.  Granted, they do allow you to offload some of the mostly useless coins, but other than that they aren't much better than the free starter clubs WGT gives you and are an ongoing expense.

• LARRYDAVID101
    8 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2024 7:20 PM

Thank you for the information.  Just curious - so if I use the gold coins to "purchase" a set of the clubs in the pro shop - are they always considered a "rental" and require further and regular payments to maintain them in your bag?

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2024 9:41 AM

LARRYDAVID101:
    Just curious - so if I use the gold coins to "purchase" a set of the clubs in the pro shop - are they always considered a "rental" and require further and regular payments to maintain them in your bag?

No.  Any clubs you purchase from the Pro Shop are yours to keep forever, for the purchase price.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2024 12:40 PM

SamSpayed:
    Any clubs you purchase from the Pro Shop are yours to keep forever, for the purchase price.

Alosso might interpret it a bit differently. ;) I remember reading one of his posts stating something like anything and everything in the pro shop is still the property of WGT and you only get entitled to use them with a purchase in the form of a permanent lease according to the T&C. (Sorry, too lazy to dig out his exact wording.)

Well, what Sam said is still valid though since the outcome remains the same. Once purchased, it's yours to keep until WGT goes out of business.

• LARRYDAVID101
    8 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2024 5:01 PM

Haaa!!!  Takin em to my grave!!!

RSS