Forums

Help › Forums

Aim Stick Yardage

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 19 2024 2:41 PM (5 replies)
  • Nillinger0
    21 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2024 9:54 AM

Can anyone help me with the yardage that shows on the aim stick when the hole opens before I move the stick?

I recently acquired the level 102 Titleist driver. 

My previous level 96 Callaway showed 287 yards on the aim stick (rated yardage with no apparel bonus) every time a shot opened where the caddy chose driver for me. My new Titleist shows 240. 

QUESTION: How can I change the yardage that shows on the aim stick to the rated yardage of 291 (no apparel bonus) listed for that club? I know I can drag the aim stick to any yardage I choose but would like it to open to the stated 291 if possible.

I was told it was in settings but could not find it. 

Thank you kindly,
    Nillinger

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2024 11:21 AM

That’s just how it is. You just have to move it manually

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2024 1:02 PM

I believe only the Callaway drivers open to their rated distance.  I'm pretty sure when I had the L90 TM it was 240, then went to 287 with the L96 Callaway, now back to 240 with L102 Titleist.  And there is nothing in settings to change it.

• Nillinger0
    21 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2024 3:29 PM

Thank you for the quick reply. Getting more used to it after a few days now.

When the Callaway opened to 287 there were a lot of times I just swung away and did not move the stick at all.

I never know if it's my system in a glitch or the way it's supposed to be. You confirmed it for me. 

Many thanks to both of you that answered. 

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2024 9:08 PM

I always moved the marker even when I had the Callaway anyway.  Mostly for directional purposes, but I also like to extend it out until the aim line turns red.  Someone once told me you can get a few extra yards doing that, lol.  I know that's an old wives' tale, but just something I've always done.

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2024 2:41 PM

BlackBogey:
    extend it out until the aim line turns red.  Someone once told me you can get a few extra yards doing that

RSS