Forums

Help › Forums

SCREEN FREEZE / RESET

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 28 2024 4:41 AM (2 replies)
  • GBPiano
    262 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2024 2:25 PM

Must revert to opened WGT tab and reload Game Pop-up Window.

ALL Customized game settings are lost & cannot be retrieved during play.

Happening almost every game played.  Often multiple times during the round.

WORST is during recent Showdowns!!!

MS Surface device.

Both Google Chrome & MS Edge browsers affected, alike.

Using 1 Tbps Xfinity Internet service & Wi-Fi connection to Router (15 ft. distance)

Is this...

WGT server nonsense?

D.E.I. WGT Team/Technicians new hires?

Or plain $abotage? 

Haha it is NOT!

Anyone else experiencing, please comment.

Thanks and Cheers!

Peter

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2024 8:47 AM

Maybe I misread, but it sounds like you only open the game from wgt.com.  If that's the case, that is no longer required.  Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Topgolf\WGTLauncher, right click on Launcher.exe and send to desktop to create a shortcut.  Open from there from now on to get updates and get to the game.  No reason to have a browser open while playing, if anything it's using memory and cpu while playing.

• GBPiano
    262 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2024 4:41 AM

protonc,

TY4 the reply. 

All browsers are closed during play, with only the game pop-up opened.  Reopen browser on WGT page from History only for return to the game in-play then closed.

Memory & CPU speed are not an issue as this is the max build Surface device.  WGT is the only app/tab in which the shutdown occurs.

I posted for discussion as most of my opponents in the Showdowns face this issue as well.

The WGT Team responds to any issue reported, but is unable to determine the cause during the past few weeks.

Since Day #1 almost ten years ago, I've played on Surface Tablets only and have reached Tour Champion status.

History, cache & cookies are cleared as daily maintenance.

Add to the mysteries of life.  Haha

Keep pushing your rock up the hill, mate.

Cheers,

Peter

RSS