Forums

Help › Forums

Clubs

Sun, Jan 14 2024 10:57 PM (3 replies)
  • cirus69
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2024 2:42 PM

Hi I am a level 36 player should I invest in a set of clubs or hold out? I have around 4400 credits but am not sure what to get or if it’s even worth it I am currently looking at the Ping clubs any help would be amazing! 

• GreenLaser
    178 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2024 4:38 PM

Some pretty good clubs are reached in the 50's levels. The usual advice is to wait for the L59 Ping irons.  The MAX Spin wedges which become available in the L50's are inexpensive and good if you're okay with a fairly quick Meter and don't want to wait for the higher level Vokeys.  The L55 TaylorMade driver is the one to get when you reach that level.  There's a nice Callaway 3-wood at L51. L59 has a good Odyssey putter but I'd say a putter is lower priority than other clubs. The L55 SeeMore putter is another one people like especially if they putt by intentionally missing the ding line to account for break.

If your credits are just burning a hole in your pocket and you want to buy something now, maybe the L33 Callaway 3-Wood.  You could use it from the tees because it's longer than the driver you have now, and after you upgrade your driver, it's still good for the normal 3-Wood uses. You'll have more distance from the fairways. It's good for punch shots from the rough (and fairway.)

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Jan 14 2024 2:00 AM

GreenLaser:

Some pretty good clubs are reached in the 50's levels. The usual advice is to wait for the L59 Ping irons.  The MAX Spin wedges which become available in the L50's are inexpensive and good if you're okay with a fairly quick Meter and don't want to wait for the higher level Vokeys.  The L55 TaylorMade driver is the one to get when you reach that level.  There's a nice Callaway 3-wood at L51. L59 has a good Odyssey putter but I'd say a putter is lower priority than other clubs. The L55 SeeMore putter is another one people like especially if they putt by intentionally missing the ding line to account for break.

If your credits are just burning a hole in your pocket and you want to buy something now, maybe the L33 Callaway 3-Wood.  You could use it from the tees because it's longer than the driver you have now, and after you upgrade your driver, it's still good for the normal 3-Wood uses. You'll have more distance from the fairways. It's good for punch shots from the rough (and fairway.)

Great advice 

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sun, Jan 14 2024 10:57 PM

cirus69:
    Hi I am a level 36 player should I invest in a set of clubs or hold out? I have around 4400 credits but am not sure what to get or if it’s even worth it I am currently looking at the Ping clubs any help would be amazing!

Another view on the budget side:

Get the short(!) Taylormade wedges (60°, 64°) at L39(!), 695 cr each - it is most valuable to replace those %&%$"§ Starter wedges. (Learn flop shots with them)

Get a 3WD for more performance from the tee. It doubles on the FW, replacing Starter driver and 3WD. Ping G430 is a bargain @525 cr.

Mind you that you may want/need to change to custom balls due to swing speeds, resulting in steady replacement costs, but the cheap ones suffice.

IMHO, the Starter putter is quite decent and player's mistakes weigh as much as it's small weaknesses.

For the other clubs, notably driver and irons, wait until you reach Master tier with a change of tees (Tour Pro is in between). Maybe you'll be at L59 then (@88,515 XPs, ?buy the bundle?), or make a new decision.

RSS