Forums

Help › Forums

FESTIVUS , AIRING OF GRIEVANCES !

Sat, Dec 30 2023 11:59 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Rick6208
    2,147 Posts
    Sat, Dec 23 2023 4:28 PM

I love this game but there are improvements that should be made ! So here is my Grievance WGT

Why is it that when I run out of balls during a game I must either buy more or play with the Starter Balls when I still have good balls in my bag that I cannot access???

and please don’t tell me there not in my bag , there in your garage ! All the balls in my inventory have been gifts, won or paid for and I should have access to them at any time !

Please feel free to add to the FESTIVUS , AIRING OF GRIEVANCES !

• ryry4321
    45 Posts
    Sat, Dec 23 2023 11:50 PM

I feel the same exact way, I have balls I win from showdowns, gifts etc and will run out and have to wait to get back to my stash. This has happened a couple times during showdowns as well. Not cool at all lol

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Dec 24 2023 12:18 PM

This is what I found with a quick search on the internet. Looks like WGT has the One Ball Condition rule.

"

Committees Can Impose the 'One Ball Condition'

It's called the "one ball condition," perhaps more commonly known as the "one ball rule." As you probably know, all Tour events are played under the "one ball rule." And any rules committee may adopt the "one ball rule" for its competitions.

The "one ball condition" requires the player to use the exact same brand and type of ball throughout the round. For example, if you tee off the first hole with a Titleist Pro V1x, then that's what you must play throughout the round. You may not switch to any other brand of ball, nor even to any other type of Titleist ball. You started with the Pro V1x, so the Pro V1x is what you must use on every stroke.

If the "one ball rule" is not in effect, however, golfers may swap out different types of golf balls at any point in a round of golf, so long as the change is made in-between holes rather than during the play of a hole.

Rule 15-1 states: "A player must hole out with the ball played from the teeing ground ..."

• Rick6208
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Dec 24 2023 3:51 PM

I get what your saying Dave but WGT is breaking the rules than because if you don’t buy a new sleeve of the same ball they will let you continue playing with a starter ball which is in violation of rule 15-1 as well !

This is not professional golf, I never heard of wardrobe adding 15-20 yards to a drive ! So WGT should allow us access to the balls in our inventory!

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Dec 24 2023 6:01 PM

I agree with you Rick, just trying list a possible explanation to your question as WGT will never address this question here. 

I have often wondered the same myself. 

• bossbird
    2,194 Posts
    Mon, Dec 25 2023 3:42 AM

Come on guys lighten up , you have all been playing long enough to know the WGT rules , it’s a game doesn’t have to comply with the real game of golf if it doesnt want to . Just make sure you have sufficient balls or ball hits before you go out to play. Happy Christmas 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Dec 25 2023 3:58 AM

Rick6208:

I get what your saying Dave but WGT is breaking the rules than because if you don’t buy a new sleeve of the same ball they will let you continue playing with a starter ball which is in violation of rule 15-1 as well !

This is not professional golf, I never heard of wardrobe adding 15-20 yards to a drive ! So WGT should allow us access to the balls in our inventory!

I really don't disagree with what you are saying here.  But think of it this way, WGT could always disqualify you as soon as you run out of balls, that you started the round or hole with.  If during a bad round that would not be so terrible, BUT if you happen to be shooting lights out, you may not like it.

• Rick6208
    2,147 Posts
    Mon, Dec 25 2023 9:00 AM

First of all, Merry Christmas 🎄 Dave, Bossbird, Gary and the whole WGT community!

Over my years of playing I’ve seen a lot of improvements to the game such as Mobile & PC players finally being able to play each other, more courses, Showdowns just to name a few so all I’m Suggesting is another option

example, You get the notice your out of HITS , Buy new sleeve or Go to ball inventory ! A window opens showing your ball inventory, you choice one, equip it and the game carries on ! Simple !

• Birdman19520
    43 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2023 10:02 AM

As a newbie, I've got a dumb question.. how do you run out of balls during a video game? 

• Rick6208
    2,147 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2023 10:03 AM

Another issue I have is being paired up with my Club members during a Turf War ! What a waste of time ! Surely WGT can program that during a Turf War you will not be paired up against your own team mates !

• PAGES
RSS