Forums

Help › Forums

Need Community Help In Multiplayer-Practice Room

Thu, Dec 21 2023 12:25 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tangleputt
    20 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2023 8:08 PM

Is anyone getting tired of that one guy who has 8,000 accounts [male and female] and rotates them for hours on end in the multiplayer-practice room? The guy who boots all the male players that queue up so he can force the woman players into a personal one-on-one game? The guy who spams woman with unwanted friend requests time after time after time after.... You folks know who I'm talking about, right?

The community needs help restoring the multiplayer-practice room to its former self. The person responsible for the woes has singlehandedly destroyed playability for everyone in the multiplayer-practice room. Please, we need help and I don't know where else to post this.

• bossbird
    2,194 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2023 12:11 PM

If you have any evidence , send screen shots to members@worldgolftour.com

customer services will acknowledge your email immediately and respond to you .

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2023 4:17 PM

You can also try setting up your own games, that way you will be in charge of who gets booted.  (Not that what this person is doing is at all proper, and should be reported with any screenshots of inappropriate behavior as Bossbird mentioned), but maybe the best way to avoid getting matched with them again?

An excellent way to gets games with people who aren't pervs or jerks is to join an active country club - the one you're in only has 5 members (including yourself) who have played a ranked round in the year 2023.  There are MANY great clubs where you can find a game almost anytime you want but don't have the pressures of playing a lot of Clash/Turf War.  Just take a look around the Country Club thread and find something that looks like it would be a good fit for you.

I'd also be leery of the guy who's been posting on your profile wall recently.  Not only is he also a pretty skeevy guy (as you can tell just from looking around that website he linked you to), but any game advice he gives is often just plain wrong, as has been pointed out numerous times on these forums before he got banned.  

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2023 7:34 PM

New laptop, can't open to a full window to play. Anyone have a cure?

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2023 4:34 AM

On reading the OP, two questions immediately sprung to mind:

1)  How do you know he has thousands of accounts?
    2)  How do you know he boots all the male players and only plays against female players?

But as the others have already said, if you have proof then send it in.

And as BlackBogey says, take what your wall-poster says with a pinch of salt.  There have been many players with multiple accounts (the Cheezynutz clan from around 2010/11 comes to mind, and a couple of years ago I saw many accounts of the same name barring a numeric suffix which were all obviously the same person), but WGT don't seem to care so long as money is being spent.  Reminds me also of a player, again back in 2011/12, whom I reported to WGT and they disabled his account.  He then posted on my profile wall with 5 other accounts saying something along the lines of "maybe you want to report this account too", and "or this one", and other similar messages.  Although these multi-accounters may not be spending money, they will be making others part with theirs.  Multiple accounts also makes it look like WGT membership is high, making it look good for shareholders and prospective players, but most of us know the reality is different.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2023 1:23 PM

gonfission:
    New laptop, can't open to a full window to play. Anyone have a cure?

If you are running Windows, Joe, have a look here.

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2023 7:07 PM

What's it like going to bed at night knowing you're the internet's answer man?

Must sleep like the dead... lols

As always, thank you very much...

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2023 1:28 AM

By the way, what is the 'multiplayer practice room', I've never heard of that before?

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2023 1:55 PM

You're welcome Joe. But all thanks go to OlyDLG at superuser.com for that tip.  ; )

Wish I could sleep at night, not 100% well at the mo'.  : (

• Tangleputt
    20 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2023 7:05 PM

You are correct, my bad. I should have written Multi-player STROKE PLAY practice room. I apologize for the confusion.

• PAGES
RSS