Forums

Help › Forums

how to get rid of putting difficulties

Mon, Nov 20 2023 5:35 PM (2 replies)
  • bossola
    9 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2023 7:31 AM

Hello everybody,

as per subject, i am asking your help because although i reached level 93 and became tour master, i still have much problems in putting. Even if i shoot at the pin, landing 2 yards by the flag, i always miss the birdie! i tried to change putter clubs , i tried to play off-ding putters, I read many posts on the forum, i tried everything but the problem persists,  It is frustrating.

Does any boyd know how to improve putting?

• olperfesser
    56 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2023 2:34 PM

Practice. It gets harder the higher you go.

• Rick6208
    2,146 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2023 5:35 PM

First thing before you putt check the speed of the green SLOW, STANDARD, FAST, VERY FAST, TOURNAMENT, CHAMPION SPEEDS ALL require different amounts of power to hit a putt 10 feet

second hit the GREEN VIEW button you can see the slope of the green by the way the balls roll, how fast the balls move also tells you the severity of the slope and direction of the slope

third the number on the flag below the distance tells you if it’s downhill or uphill by the direction of the arrow , add or subtract this number from the distance to determine the actual distance required to hit the putt

forth hit the reverse camera angle to line up your putt based on the break of the putt, examples 1 ball over from the hole or 2 balls over ….

using the putter pal grid determine the amount of power required to hit the required distance ! Example a 10 foot putt on Tournament speed greens only requires 7 foot of power .There is a putting chart available here that goes from 1 Foot to 60 feet and what power is required for each speed of green to hit

Finally, close your eyes and hope for the best !

RSS