rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 16 2023 2:29 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MarkMark60
    5 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2023 6:09 AM

The new game update will not load on my 2009 10.13.6 imac

It has run fine up until today it freeze during the update with the error

System.IO.IOException: The file '/Applications/WGTGolf.app/Contents/Applications/golf.app/Contents/Resources/MainMenu.nib' already exists.

• ChrisDeacon
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 27 2023 7:23 AM

Same issue with me - just stuck part way through updating.  I have a 6 year old MacBook Pro all up to date with OS. Going to email support and see what they say and will update as necessary

• WalkerSteel
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 27 2023 12:49 PM

Hey Guys!  Any response from WGT or the community?  

• ChrisDeacon
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 27 2023 1:16 PM

I thought i'd better try the uninstall and reinstall option first, and that did the trick

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Wed, Sep 27 2023 2:47 PM

Its a known issue affecting some Mac users. Uninstall the app, restart, and then download it again and this should fix it. 

Get the App

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• NeilDootson
    9 Posts
    Mon, Oct 2 2023 6:06 PM

WGTShamWow:

Its a known issue affecting some Mac users. Uninstall the app, restart, and then download it again and this should fix it. 

Get the App

Best,
    WGTShamWow

WGTShamWow, 

I have to ask this question your response to this post is dated September the 27th of 2023 for the past 6 days I have been emailing WGT MEMBER SERVICES the initial email responses I received back pretty much told me that there is no way I was even playing on Mac OS 10.13.6 because the minimum system requirements have always been Mac OS 10.14. I went through the entire process like you just suggested delete reinstall restart so on and so forth nothing... A few days later it was suggested that I give them some time a response to my question would be given soon by one of the WGT agents. It wasn't until days later I was told that the game no longer supports 10.13.6 that I needed to update to 10.14... the problem is my MacBook is a 2009 if I told you what I had to go through to get it to update to 10.13.6 you'd probably be like really??.. LOL.

So here's my next question I asked if there was any way possible to roll back the update because my system ran just fine prior to this update... (While we are talking about it I have a Windows PC I've been playing on for the past 5 years running Windows 8.1 which the system requirements of WGT claims to support when I updated that computer on the same day I have been experiencing the same issues since then black screen won't start which equals no more decompression from a stressful day of a 45 client caseload on the substance abuse unit that I work on as a licensed substance abuse counselor this game is what brings me down to Earth at night and reconnects me to reality and helps me clear my mind to be able to sleep soundly and face the day the following morning to try to help more people stay alive one more day) 

Sorry I just threw up on the post however I am a little beside myself due to the responses I've been getting now my Windows 8.1 won't run it's been four or five days since I've heard anything back from support I've tried to download steam and run the program on that platform the screen is black but the music plays and all the sound is there and if I move the mouse around and keep clicking it randomly I can hear it click on certain portions of the screen and hear the screen change so what is really going on because there's quite a few people complaining about this

Lastly in the system requirements help section of the WGT app it tells you that the game will run on systems which do not meet the requirements however you guys are not responsible for anything that transpires that takes place there has to be a way that I can access the program files and delete the most recent update just like you can on a Windows platform just like you can if you've downloaded something that you no longer wanted an update on all I need to do is be given the answer so I can get back to the enjoyment that I have had playing your game how can I get an honest answer from someone here about what I need to do I'm really not trying to jailbreak my Mac and force update it to a newer operating system in the hopes it will work just to play the game however I am willing to do that if I have to that's how much I enjoy this game now I'm not pointing the finger at you so please don't take my words as hostile or directly pointed in your direction I just feel a little let down as I am sure more than a large amount of other members feel the same way about

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Mon, Oct 2 2023 6:47 PM

So with the last release there was an update to Unity, the game engine that our game runs on. Unfortunately that Unity update caused 2 issues. The first being it broke the updater for Mac which is why a lot of players that have messaged into Member Services have been told to reinstall (reinstalling installs the new version instead of using the built in updater, bypassing the issue). The second issue was that this version of Unity no longer supports OSX 10.13.6. This Unity update would be mandatory and there wouldn't be a way to roll it back or use an older version of the game. 

I would suggest entertaining the idea of upgrading as Apple stopped support of OSX 10.13.6 back in Nov 2020 and is no longer providing security updates for this OS. You also may see more and more programs not support this OS version.

I've only seen this black screen issue in relation to trying to use the game on OSX 10.13.6, I haven't seen this as an issue on Windows. The golf.exe issue on Windows that has been popping up is also usually resolved with a reinstall. You may want to try reinstalling the game using Scott's instructions here

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2023 6:24 AM

I pity the day when this game will no longer run on onboard video and people are are told they have to install a display card in order to play or they need a different cpu that has a different GPU that their MB doesn't support.  This will be a nightmare for CS and the Mods.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2023 10:20 AM

WGTShamWow:
    The golf.exe issue on Windows that has been popping up is also usually resolved with a reinstall. You may want to try reinstalling the game using Scott's instructions here

ShamWow, I have a question.  Can you get your (WGT's) developers to incorporate steps 3 and 4 of ScottHope's instructions into your WGT Launcher uninstall routine?  

WGT should not be relying on your customers to come up with ways to cleanly and completely uninstall your software. That is your responsibility as the software developers, not ours.  

Thank you.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2023 11:34 AM

garyk49:

I pity the day when this game will no longer run on onboard video and people are are told they have to install a display card in order to play or they need a different cpu that has a different GPU that their MB doesn't support.  This will be a nightmare for CS and the Mods.

As I've been reading about all the issues with macs since the last update, I couldn't help but think that before long no one will be able to play this game unless they have a new computer with a high spec and running on the lastest OS, which many people can either not afford to do or simply don't want to.  I absolutely dread every time I need to buy a new computer because it means spending days getting it into the state I want it in rather than what the manufacturers and Microsoft think I want it in.  And every new OS brings in with it a multidude of crap that most of us don't want, very much like WGT updates!  Microsoft think that each new OS makes it easier for the end user, but in reality the main reason they do it is to keep themselves in a job; I would quite happily go back to using Windows 3.1.

• PAGES
RSS