Forums

Help › Forums

mouse

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 20 2023 7:32 AM (5 replies)
  • freshmart
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 19 2023 9:14 AM

when i play there are days when for no reason the mouse pointer jumps to middle of screen and i can't control it.i need to minimize game and then return to full screen to use the pointer properly.is it the game or my computer causing this

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 19 2023 3:16 PM

freshmart:
    when i play there are days when for no reason the mouse pointer jumps to middle of screen and i can't control it.i need to minimize game and then return to full screen to use the pointer properly.is it the game or my computer causing this

It's not the game.  Try changing your mouse battery.  If you still get skips after that, try closing down any other apps you might have running in the background.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Tue, Sep 19 2023 4:25 PM

SamSpayed:
    It's not the game.  Try changing your mouse battery.  If you still get skips after that, try closing down any other apps you might have running in the background.

+1

It's not for nothing that most pro-gamers use a wired mouse. Plus, WGT is a game in which timely clicks are essential. The response speed of a wireless mouse can never match that of a wired one.

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Tue, Sep 19 2023 7:12 PM

Also make sure that you don't have any other input devices plugged in, like a controller or joystick. Ive had this happen to me in other games, where the mouse will get centered in the game window if I had my PS4 controller plugged in. 

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 20 2023 7:32 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    It's not for nothing that most pro-gamers use a wired mouse. Plus, WGT is a game in which timely clicks are essential. The response speed of a wireless mouse can never match that of a wired one. 

Kinda true but misleading,  I see this said often but it is mostly due to cost not performance.

Newer wireless can and will do just fine on speed- however a wireless mouse built to match a wired mouse will cost a LOT more.

In other words a cheap wired mouse will be outperformed by a moderate wireless one, and a cheap wireless will be outperformed by almost all wired models.

WGTShamWow:

Also make sure that you don't have any other input devices plugged in, like a controller or joystick. Ive had this happen to me in other games, where the mouse will get centered in the game window if I had my PS4 controller plugged in. 

This^^^^

even a usb receiver plugged in for a wireless controller or headset can occasionally cause a rubber-banding type issue with your mouse.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 20 2023 10:48 AM

WGTShamWow:

That's a good point.  I've also experienced mouse skips when playing on my laptop, when I've had both my mouse and touchpad enabled at the same time.

RSS