Forums

Help › Forums

Green

Sat, Nov 4 2023 4:20 AM (9 replies)
  • Lacoolj1
    46 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 5:28 AM

I am sure there is multiple post on this so I’m sorry. When someone says it’s a 12 green when putting calculators. What is this?

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Fri, Aug 25 2023 3:29 AM

You might want to look for "multiple posts" in the search =>

These numbers come from real stimpmeter numbers, greens being faster with high numbers.

WGT greens have regular stimp no.s from 7 (slow greens) to 13 (championship greens), and IIRC, they are indicated once you reach the green.

"Standard greens" (7.9 ot 8 stimp) are close to 100% nominal putting length, i.e. a 30 ft putt will run 30 feet.

And then there are "irregular" green speeds which appear in WGT competitions from time to time. I noted 5 for "super slow" and 18 for "super fast", but no guarantee.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Fri, Aug 25 2023 11:24 AM

Well explained by alosso.

In case you wish to learn more about it, view this post at https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/721028/4814503.aspx#4814503

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 9:09 AM

alosso:
    "Standard greens" (7.9 ot 8 stimp) are close to 100% nominal putting length, i.e. a 30 ft putt will run 30 feet.

It might have been well explained Simon, but it's not correct; Standard greens are slower than the distance quoted.  And so are Fast greens (anything from 8.0 to 9.0?).  I think 9.0 is about the stimp value where the hitting distance is the same as the quoted distance , but that would barely reach the hole on a flat green; uphill it's likely to come up short.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 9:43 AM

The truth is that WGT changes from time to time the speeds to give hard times to all of them that they are using a calculator and a formula for putting power....no announcements of course about this tweak. It does the same thing with the dots speed. The changes are minor but good enough to throw everything out of the window.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 1:19 PM

Yiannis1970:

The truth is that WGT changes from time to time the speeds to give hard times to all of them that they are using a calculator and a formula for putting power....no announcements of course about this tweak. It does the same thing with the dots speed. The changes are minor but good enough to throw everything out of the window.

This sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.  What proof do you have of this? 🙄

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 2:03 PM

SamSpayed:

Yiannis1970:

This sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.  What proof do you have of this? 🙄

What it sounds like to you is totally indifferent for me.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 4:10 PM

Yiannis1970:
    What it sounds like to you is totally indifferent for me.

So no proof, then.  Not surprising, since it's a false allegation.  WGT has already stated before that they do not do this.

I'd like to politely request that you please stop spreading misinformation, Yiannis.  It would be much appreciated by the community, particularly newer players like the OP who haven't been around long enough to know any better.  Thank you.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 4:54 PM

I want politely to ask to bug off. You are the worst source of misinformation in here for years now. Of course i have proofs but i wouldn't even bothered to let you know cause you wouldn't understand as you don't understand a bunch of things i have explained a million times. Your obssession with me has become a joke...

• Lacoolj1
    46 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2023 4:20 AM

I need help with putting, like: Slope. I know how to add or subtract elevation and counting dots but that's it. How far I go over? Yes, I know this topic and videos on this subject but need a equation or formula for putting or a spreadsheet where I can enter distance, elevation, counted dots and etc but not overwhelming. An easy to follow direction.

RSS