Help › Forums

Wind direction query

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 14 2023 9:53 AM (5 replies)
  • SWORDRUSS
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2023 1:00 AM

Morning.    (it is where I am) 

I have just played a bracket tournament - 9 hole tieless - and again I am confused with how the game works.

On an approaching iron shot  for my second shot after a decent drive.    Can get to the green with this shot. 

The wind speed is left to right. 

The green shows a slope direction right to left. 

I aim my avatar  to the left to take  advantage of the wind speed (7-8 mph) and of course the ball should travel with the wind to the right. 

On 3 holes the ball went to the left and I ended up in the rough ort  bunker. 

Confused - perhaps I am missing a trick here? 

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2023 10:16 AM

Evening.

How much you miss the center line of the power meter will affect the left/right movement of the ball.

If you click far enough left or right of the power meter's center line, you can get the ball to go straight even with heavy crosswind.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2023 2:12 PM

SWORDRUSS:

Double check the wind read with the other cameras, sometimes the wind is not as it seems.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 1:39 AM

PureGro1:

SWORDRUSS:

Double check the wind read with the other cameras, sometimes the wind is not as it seems.

I learned long time ago to check wind from the green camera....the wind does show a diff angle sometimes from this view

• SWORDRUSS
    6 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 2:42 AM

Thank you 

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2023 9:53 AM

What I have found in the last year or two is that if you miss the ding by just a fraction the ball goes further off line than if you missed by more.  Another coding screw-up!

RSS